PDA

View Full Version : Kindle Reader

blackthorn
05-16-2018, 06:12 PM
We need some help here. Gail's Kindle Reader filled up and would not accept anymore additional books. She apparently successfully deleted some of the books she had read, but now the device will not allow new books to be added. Surely there must be a way for us to do this and we are hopping someone on the site can tell us what to try. Thanks in advance for your help.

jmort
05-16-2018, 06:19 PM
I have a Paper White and cannot imagine filling it up. She must be an avid reader.

This may help

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-remove-books-from-a-kindle/

exile
05-16-2018, 06:28 PM
I once had trouble with bugs/virus in my Kindle fire. In talking with customer service they suggested pushing down on the on/off button and holding it for 20 seconds. According to the guy I spoke with, this will remove bugs from the device allowing it to reset. Is it possible that one of the books she downloaded contained a virus?

exile

Boolit_Head
05-16-2018, 06:45 PM
Every read book takes up space on the reader. You can delete them from the device and they will remain in the cloud unless you specify to remove from the cloud. Delete all of them except what she is actually reading to gain space. In the options menu there is also something to clean up some temp files I think.

PaulG67
05-16-2018, 07:02 PM
If you go to "settings" then "storage" you will find the archive button.

Hannibal
05-16-2018, 08:29 PM
I think Kindle recently released a software upgrade. My tablet starting acting strangely yesterday, and after a 'restart' I had lost access to the ebook I was reading and could not download it again. I removed the existing Kindle app and reinstalled it and all is well again now.

popper
05-17-2018, 03:34 PM
Comic of a mom & son on a plane, she's reading a book and he's on a device. She asks how it ended - he said 'battery dies'. Must have been a mystery book.

RED BEAR
05-17-2018, 08:49 PM
if it workes like the fire you can get an sd card and expand the storage capacity greatly they start at about 9 dollars with free shipping. under settings chose storage and click on browse sd cards.

sparkyv
05-17-2018, 08:54 PM
Every read book takes up space on the reader. You can delete them from the device and they will remain in the cloud unless you specify to remove from the cloud. Delete all of them except what she is actually reading to gain space.

This is what I would try.

Minerat
05-18-2018, 06:12 PM
If she purchased the books from Amazon she can always reload them again. If not, save to the Cloud then erase from the device. She should be able to see a list by going to the books tab and at the top right there is a line says "see all your books" that lists what she has available. There is a choice says downloaded that tells her what are on the Kindel. She can manage them from there. I load books for third party sources all the time and save them to the cloud until I am ready to read them. Good luck.

shooter93
05-19-2018, 07:04 PM
You could call customer service. They have always been very helpful no matter what the problem is.

Wayne Smith
05-19-2018, 07:34 PM
If it is a Kindle Fire you can also connect it to a computer and do it there.

firefly1957
05-19-2018, 07:55 PM
My wife has destroyed several Kindle the last one i took apart to see what happened (the screen bottom was frozen the top changed) I discovered the metal frame holding the screen was cracked . Looking at it i thought the internal frame looked like magnesium i was able to confirm that with a torch what a fire it made!

MstrEddy
05-20-2018, 12:13 AM
You can connect the Kindle readers to a PC and manage the content that way as well. You can copy (backup) the books to a folder on the PC and then delete them from the device to free up space. I can recommend a free program called Calibre that is a pretty good library manager.
I'm curious just how many books are on there. My original Kindle reader has over 200 books on there and still has plenty of space.
I recently got one of the Paper White versions and IIRC it's twice the storage capacity.

blackthorn
05-20-2018, 11:18 AM
Good morning all. Gail sends her heartfelt thanks to all who responded and has asked me to tell you all she got her Kindle fixed. She did not say which piece (or pieces) of advise worked, but thanks to all. Have a great day.