PDA

View Full Version : Want to buy unanswered/how long to wait?

daengmei
05-16-2018, 01:48 PM
Too many things can happen I know. I also know everyone doesn't live on the keyboard. I answered a WTS add, had 1 private message and then no more. No payment sent, no address. Only been 2 weeks or so.

How long should I just sit on this? Will the thread get closed if no activity?

I can live without the transaction. What do we do when this happens?

Geezer in NH
05-16-2018, 03:22 PM
Move on now

waksupi
05-16-2018, 05:44 PM
I'd forget it and move on.

aws1963
05-17-2018, 06:32 PM
One word comes to mind. "NEXT".

sparkyv
05-17-2018, 09:04 PM
Done. Move on.

FISH4BUGS
05-18-2018, 06:04 AM
How about one more try that says "....if I don't hear from you by X then I'll move on". There could be any number of reasons why there is no answer.

Lloyd Smale
05-18-2018, 06:10 AM
if I'm selling something and some one says ill take it I give them 3 days to confirm payment is sent then I send them an email saying transaction is canceled.

daengmei
05-18-2018, 02:28 PM
There had been no activity since the initial post for the seller until yesterday. Since there was no PM with info, I sent one to announce pulling interest.

lightman
05-19-2018, 10:54 AM
How about one more try that says "....if I don't hear from you by X then I'll move on". There could be any number of reasons why there is no answer.

I would do something like this. That way, if the other party had something interfere there would be a record of sorts showing that I tried and that the deal was ended.

Communication is important to me. When buying, I message the seller when funds are sent and when the goods are received. When selling, I like to know when funds are sent and when goods are received. It just seems like a real courtesy when strangers are dealing with each other.

jsizemore
05-19-2018, 12:54 PM
I emailed a materials quote to my daytime job customer. Construction in his area had cut the neighborhood's internet. A call confirmed the problem and I had to re-send the email. It's hard to say what the problem is at times. I'd send my PM again and if you don't see a response after they've had activity it's time to move on.