PDA

View Full Version : Got some trigger time today

frkelly74
05-12-2018, 11:26 PM
We got a chance to shoot up some ammo today. Our friends have some property and don't mind if we bring out some guns when we visit them. We took the AR15, the High Point 9mm carbine. a Ruger Bearcat, several 22 rifles. and a Glock 21. My son, my two daughters, one boyfriend, Everyone took some shots at some scrap metal and plastic, water filled, bottles and some dirt clods. Even My wife took some shots and managed to wing a water bottle. The boy thinks the High Point should be his. The boyfriend can shoot. The daughters are not afraid of guns and everyone knows what an "evil black rifle" will do, and what it won't. For a finale, we fired one of my boxes of found rounds that I had picked up over the years, these are the rounds that lay at the range with the bullet cocked at an angle from being jammed.They just seem to accumulate. There was a frying pan hanging from its plastic handle and the challenge was put to see who could shoot the handle and knock the pan down. I will say, It was a pretty easy shot, then to show that it was not an accident, I shot the piece of the handle again and then again really splintering it. I believe that I was able to quit before everyone was bored to death. It was a good day!!!

Bazoo
05-13-2018, 12:06 AM
Sounds great. I love informal plinking.

I feel for any folks that dont have a place in the country to go shoot. If anyone in my area needs a place, PM me and i'll invite you over.