PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try CCW Breakaway pants/shorts?

MrWolf
05-12-2018, 12:50 PM
I had posted this in Equipment reviews a few days ago but it is not really casting equipment so...

I carry a S&W M&P 45c. I love my Overland carry vest but in hot weather not so much. I am not a fan of IWB when sitting in truck. My 45 has no safety and is cocked and loaded. For my vest, I just velcroed in place of their harness a pocket type holster to protect trigger area, works fine. Looks like they have a shield that would protect trigger area. Anyone have any experience with them? $80-90+ is a bit much to find out won't work. Thanks

Ron

Rich22
05-12-2018, 01:39 PM
I tried 6 different types before finding these. I have 4 pair of the cargo version. You can pocket carry any even semi reasonably sized gun without issues. I have tried up to a glock 34 and it fits. Plenty of space for mags and knives also the usual male carry stuff like wallets and phones. I have not gotten any new ones in two years since I have not needed them so I am not 100% sure of the fabric they currently use but mine are still hole free and in solid shape. Only two downsides is obviously the expense and the fabric itself is very hot. I have found using a pocket holster helps, not really from any issue of trigger needing to be covered but to keep the gun in 1 place in the pocket. I just velcro'd the outside of my pocket holster and it works well. If you are going to pocket carry, unless something new has come out recently that I don't know of, just stop looking and order them, it's the only thing I have found you can pocket carry a gun larger than a G26 or similar.

jmort
05-12-2018, 01:43 PM
5.11 Tactical
Great stuff, lot of options, large pockets, as large as I have seen

MrWolf
05-12-2018, 09:49 PM
Rich22 - Thanks, just the kind of feedback I was looking for. Velcroing a pocket holster in place is the same thing I did with my Overland concealed vest. I really like it for the majority of the year. Bit expensive think it was a little over $200 but well worth it to me.

jmort - it is not really pocket carry that I am trying to do but a holster where the pocket would be but deeper. I have not seen anything like what CCWbreakaway has to offer for what my needs are.

Thanks guys really appreciate the feedback.

Ron