PDA

View Full Version : Did you have a drug problem?

frkelly74
05-05-2018, 01:38 PM
Someone passed this to me and It rang some bells.

Walks
05-05-2018, 01:50 PM
I too was drugged as a child, in the same fashion.

I just wish my wife had let me drug our kids the same way.

Biggin
05-05-2018, 04:13 PM
Yessir I too had a serious drug problem!!!:grin:

Biggin
05-05-2018, 04:16 PM
They missed one though. When you was drug outside and handed a pocket knife and mad e to cut your own switch!

Smoke4320
05-05-2018, 04:23 PM
Amen to that

MyFlatline
05-05-2018, 04:49 PM
I have seen that before and totally agree, thanks for the reminder.

BrassMagnet
05-05-2018, 07:12 PM
Genteel company can't discuss this drug problem. It offends Millennials and Snowflakes.

woodbutcher
05-05-2018, 07:22 PM
:grin: Yep.Those Milenials and Snowflakes need to be drug out behind the barn and have the"Board of education applied to the seat of learning"on a regular basis.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

Pipefitter
05-05-2018, 07:50 PM
(Raises right hand) "Guilty as charged, Your Honor."

bbs70
05-05-2018, 09:02 PM
They missed one though. When you was drug outside and handed a pocket knife and mad e to cut your own switch!

Yes, and then the switch was flexed in his hand then he said get another one, this one is too small

GhostHawk
05-05-2018, 10:36 PM
Our farm flooded 2 out of 3 springs, flatter than a table top, so our house was 4.5 miles away in a small hamlet. 135 souls counting dogs.

Dad came home from the farm one evening to find mom on the couch crying. My brother and I hiding upstairs.
"Whats wrong?"

The the the boys s ss sssasssed me. They would not obey.

"Uhuh, best go wash your face and get supper cooking, I'll be up in a bit"

My brother and I of course were hiding at the top of the stairs, heard every word.

Dad stormed down to his workbench. In a few minutes sounds came drifting up. Cutting sounds, chiseling, planing.

After about a half an hour he came up with a smoothed wooden board that had a nice carved handle on one end.

Now as a kid I'd of sworn it was carved from a rough cut 2 x 4.

He proceeded to disciplene first my older brother, who got a few whacks more than I did. Then me, then he sat us down in his lap, dried our tears. And we talked about why what we had done was wrong.

Then he went to momma, and he said "This is the Board of Education for this house. Don't abuse it, but use it as needed to teach my sons. The day you break this board over one of my son's backsides is the day I take you to town for a whole new outfit, top to bottom. Including shoes!

Mom never had to use it. A few times she got it down and shook it at us. We pretty quickly learned that if dad heard about a board shaking it got used on us when he came home.

Last fall at dad's funeral that board was given a place of honor with other family treasures displayed.

I'd a sworn that thing came out of at least a 2x4 maybe a 2x6.

Seeing it with adult eyes, it was half as long, 3 and a half inches wide, and a bare half inch thick. You know I think if Mom had tried she might have been able to get that new outfit.

Yeah we were drug, drug plenty, kept busy working a lot of the time.
Taught lots of valuable stuff. Stuff like setting aside a part of every dollar earned. That one bought my house when I got married.

There was only one way around Dad, His way. And you did it with a will and a smile or you learned.
And none of us are addicts, rapists, thieves, murderers, or abusers.

Thanks Mom and Dad. Ya done good.

Miss ya.

Markopolo
05-06-2018, 12:28 AM
To be honest with ya, I am completely surprised my earlobes are not hanging down to my knees!!!

bullet maker 57
05-06-2018, 05:03 AM
Same here.Drugged a lot because I'm stubborn. I turned out alright.

lightman
05-06-2018, 07:03 AM
Yup, I had that same drug problem and so did my two boys. So far, it seems like we all turned out ok! I'm with Woodbutcher on the milenials and snowflakes. The last years that I worked they even gave us some training on how to deal with those generations. I didn't do really well in those classes!

jonp
05-06-2018, 07:17 AM
I was drug to school and drug to the sink to get my mouth washed out by the 1st grade teacher. Come to think of it, I was drugged quite a bit when I was a kid.

Newboy
05-06-2018, 07:27 AM
I was drug to school and drug to the sink to get my mouth washed out by the 1st grade teacher. Come to think of it, I was drugged quite a bit when I was a kid.

You were DRAGGED to school! You were not DRUG, unless it had to do with pharmaceuticals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BrassMagnet
05-06-2018, 08:27 AM
You were DRAGGED to school! You were not DRUG, unless it had to do with pharmaceuticals.

Millennial? Snowflake? Teacher?

MrWolf
05-06-2018, 08:28 AM
No board of education but that wooden spoon and brush did the trick. Thanks.

MrWolf
05-06-2018, 08:29 AM
Ron I wasn't gonna comment....

Texas by God
05-06-2018, 10:53 AM
I told the teachers and bus driver I'd gladly take their whippings if they wouldn't tell my parents. They honored our agreement. My butt is still numb.

jonp
05-07-2018, 07:13 AM

Wound kinda tight today aren't you? If you read the op's post you will see its a play on words.
Get a grip

Ickisrulz
05-07-2018, 10:12 AM
After reading through this thread, a person would get the idea that all you have to do is beat and force your child into submission and all will be well. That of course is not the truth.

The way to raise a child is by setting a good example and firmly, but lovingly correcting infractions. Physical punishments are not needed for an older child. It's just as easy to take away privileges and not as humiliating to the kid.

I have known families that made sure their kids were at church whenever the doors were open. This isn't a fool-proof tactic. Many of those kids stopped going to church completely once they left their parents' homes. Some lived like the devil.

mold maker
05-08-2018, 10:08 AM
Lowes sells a copy of the board of education in the paint dept. It's the 5 gal size for 50c ea. The ones my Wife and Daughter display, have a smiley drawn on one side and a frown on the other. Included are Bible verses that order it's use.
When needed they ask me to pick out the useful ones with the correct grain pattern.
As a child, Dad left a wild cherry sprout for me to choose good boy limbs from. It seldom gained any growth till I became a teen. He could quote something from the Bible for every occasion and then apply the switch I had cut. One of his favorites had the words "spare" and "spoil" in it. I imagine many of you have heard it repeated also.

popper
05-08-2018, 09:41 PM
I repeated the saying to mom Sunday, she thought a moment, chuckled and said 'I guess it worked'.

Walks
05-08-2018, 10:30 PM
I didn't get the switch or the "Swat PADDLE". My DAD used a rolled up newspaper, same as he used on the dogs. Something Freudian there, Maybe I'll ask a SHRINK someday, if I ever need one.

I remember back in the day's in the Los Angeles CITY School system, the Boy's Vice Principal had a paddle on a nail up on the wall behind his desk. It got used too.

But then they combined the LA CITY School System with the LA COUNTY School System. LA unified was born. I think today we might think back and say it was stillborn.

The dress code was gone & so was any kind of discipline. We went from 6 periods to 5 periods. Graduation requirements were halved.

And the DECLINE of the FANTASTIC CALIFORNIA SCHOOL SYSTEM STARTED. WE WERE #1 in 1965 to 49th in 2015. Thank you, nanny brown.

popper
05-10-2018, 10:47 AM
Looks like somebody else needs to be 'drugged'. Not only students dumbed down but teachers too.
https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/sumner/hendersonville/2018/05/09/merrol-hyde-school-evacuated-over-hazmat-situation-hendersonville/594204002/
New science teacher didn't do the homework. And starting pay is $52K?

mold maker
05-11-2018, 09:33 AM
Today's new teachers were well indoctrinated and are typical millennials. They don't know and are failing to teach basics which were unknown at the student's homes also. Just think, they will/are becoming the rulers of tomorrow.