PDA

View Full Version : C&R license question.

S.R.Custom
09-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Can C&R license holders ship hanguns through the US Mail?

Scrounger
09-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Can C&R license holders ship hanguns through the US Mail?

No. Nor can they receive shipments of C&R pistols from regular FFLs through the mail. We're definitely poor relation...

bullshot
09-13-2008, 09:12 AM
If the handgun falls into the C&R eligibility requirements you can receive a handgun via Fed Ex etc from a FFl. I believe it has to be sent via next day.

Scrounger
09-13-2008, 11:06 AM
If the handgun falls into the C&R eligibility requirements you can receive a handgun via Fed Ex etc from a FFl. I believe it has to be sent via next day.

Except in California. Possibly some other states. Check yours.

Harry O
09-13-2008, 07:20 PM
Another C&R Question:

Where is says that we have to send a copy to the "chief law enforcement officer" in the area, what does that mean. I live in a city that is in a county. The city is has more people than the rest of the county (that part outside of the city). The city police dept is approx 3 to 4 times as large as the county sheriffs dept. Do I put down the city chief of police or the county sheriff?

S.R.Custom
09-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Another C&R Question:

Where is says that we have to send a copy to the "chief law enforcement officer" in the area, what does that mean. I live in a city that is in a county. The city is has more people than the rest of the county (that part outside of the city). The city police dept is approx 3 to 4 times as large as the county sheriffs dept. Do I put down the city chief of police or the county sheriff?

Whoever has jurisdiction... If you live inside the city limits, it will be the police chief. if you live outside the city limits, the CLEO will be the sheriff.

Scrounger
09-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Police Chief is probably more correct in your case but I'd bet ATF doesn't care which you use, as long as you send it to one or the other. The "city" I live in has about 30,000 people and nary a single cop. The county sheriff provides law and order here. I like it this way; the deputies seem to feel that city type law enforcement is beneath their dignity, and they're no anywhere close to being as strict as city cops on traffic rules etc. There's good and bad in that philosophy. I don't want them to ignore it altogether but I'm glad they don't have to set speed traps etc, to support another court system.