PDA

View Full Version : Take this yeti coolers

abunaitoo
04-28-2018, 10:53 PM
Friends brother has a catering business.
He does well.
Friend was talking about how expensive the yeti coolers were, but his brother was going to replace 10 coolers he has now.
I think he had Colman coolers.
He wanted something that would keep food cold for at least a day in the sun.
Someone told him that the yeti would do it.
Told my friend to tell his brother about yeti cutting off the NRA.
I've heard about Canyon Coolers. Better than yeti, cheaper, and lifetime warranty.
Asked him to let his brother know about them.
Brother found a place that would ship them for free if he bought 10 of them. So he ordered 10.
I think he paid around $240 each.
Saved almost half the price of the yeti, and he said it keeps the food cold for more than a day.
He tried them this past Monday. He said they worked great. Way better than the Colman coolers.
Even the Mochi Ice Cream desert keeps till the end of dinner. With dry ice.
He very happy with them.
So I'm happy I could stick it to yeti in my own little way.

Blanket
04-28-2018, 11:08 PM
Grizzly made in Iowa rock . screw YETI and their Chinese BS

nun2kute
04-29-2018, 07:03 AM
I hadn't heard that, but it's good to know !

Circuit Rider
04-29-2018, 11:58 AM
I contacted yeti and told them they were wrong about the NRA. Told them because of their actions I had purchased 3 coolers for my 2 Sons and Grandson, from Pelican. They responded that the NRA was lying about the situation. Didn't waste my time responding to the jerks. CR

timspawn
04-29-2018, 02:53 PM
I contacted yeti and told them they were wrong about the NRA. Told them because of their actions I had purchased 3 coolers for my 2 Sons and Grandson, from Pelican. They responded that the NRA was lying about the situation. Didn't waste my time responding to the jerks. CR

You should ask YETI why it took them over 48 hours to respond to the controversy. If the NRA had it wrong, I think YETI would have put out a statement much faster. YETI "defecated in their mess kit".

mold maker
04-29-2018, 08:07 PM
Not that I would ever pay YETI prices, It sure sealed the deal when I heard this. At my age the freezer is never that far away, and I don't fall for brand name recognition BS.
NO, You don't always get what you pay for, but you do pay for what you get.

Ramjet-SS
04-29-2018, 08:16 PM
Was going to,purchase theYeti soft side cooler but instead found the RTIC way less money they support the 2nd and it is every bit as good maybe better than the YETI. I also bought a stainless cup and will use the yeti stainless cup for target practice ..........

Tom W.
04-29-2018, 10:37 PM
I wish I could afford to shoot the Yeti cup that I bought for my wife. Not that I would be so wasteful. I bought it a year before this nonsense started.

country gent
04-29-2018, 10:40 PM
I too bought one of the cups. May send them out to be anodized a lemon yellow instead of destroying them.

shtur
04-29-2018, 11:04 PM
The yeti corporate offices are in Austin, TX. The TX State Rifle Assoc immediately put lots of pressure on yeti. Awesome Assoc for standing up for all gun owners.

ghh3rd
04-29-2018, 11:36 PM
It’s so nice to see a BS company getting it rubbed in their face.

RED BEAR
04-30-2018, 12:36 PM
i would suggest selling any products that you don't agree with companys position. i have sold everything i had from nfl and will never watch another game. i figure i recoup some money and hopefully keep someone from buying new products. if companies take political statements then they shouldn't be surprised when i do the same.

marlin39a
04-30-2018, 12:41 PM
We were looking to purchase a Yeti before the Summer for weekend camping. Nope, won't consider anymore. More research now.

reloader28
05-01-2018, 10:22 AM
They were way over priced before but I especially wont buy one now. There are other coolers just as good or better and cheaper

Handloader109
05-01-2018, 10:27 AM
If I recall a test was done about this time last year and they came in 3rd or 4th on the list in overall durability and even lower on keeping temp.. Get another better brand.

Handloader109
05-01-2018, 10:29 AM
No it was in 2016 and yes third.
https://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/fishing/2016/03/ice-chest-throwdown-12-top-end-coolers-ranked-and-reviewed

nagantguy
05-01-2018, 10:50 AM
i would suggest selling any products that you don't agree with companys position. i have sold everything i had from nfl and will never watch another game. i figure i recoup some money and hopefully keep someone from buying new products. if companies take political statements then they shouldn't be surprised when i do the same.

Very good plan! Don’t buy from those who hate you and your values!

Tom W.
05-13-2018, 07:37 PM
I was in the Bass Pro Shop today in Prattville, Alabama. They still sell Yeti products....

MaryB
05-13-2018, 07:48 PM
We were looking to purchase a Yeti before the Summer for weekend camping. Nope, won't consider anymore. More research now.

Pelican is offering a deal where money went to the NRA for every purchase... plus a free tumbler https://www.pelicancoolers.com/blogs/news/nra-cooler-donation-free-tumbler

Dave18
05-16-2018, 03:40 PM
one was local ace hardware who carried them, had not sold any for quite a while even before the nra spat, and after telling the manager about the nra thing, he was not aware of what was going on , but would check into it, and since he was a member too, might not reorder when they got rid of them,

then, the cheap Walmart look alike in their outdoor section, will hold temp better than the yetis believe it or not, from what I have seen, for what its worth,