PDA

View Full Version : Damaged/missing item; who owes me?

Idaho45guy
04-26-2018, 05:39 PM
I order a ton of stuff from Amazon since I live in the boonies and it is so much easier and cheaper to have stuff delivered than to drive 60 miles one way to the city.

I have been extremely fortunate in that I have never received an item damaged to the point of having to return it, or not received an item, or received a wrong item, etc.

Until yesterday.

I ordered a set of AC Delco Iridium spark plugs for my Yukon. $36 for 8. I had them shipped to my parent's house in Idaho since Amazon doesn't charge tax on most items shipped to Idaho and they do on every item shipped to my house over the border in Washington.

So, I stop by my folk's house and my dad said I had a package arrive from Amazon via UPS. He said he picked it up off the doorstep and noticed right away that one end was damaged and that it was empty. He ran out and caught the UPS driver before he left and showed him the package. The driver acknowledge that it was damaged and empty and took possession of it. He then said he would return it and it would be taken care of.

I got home and I got an email notice saying my package was delivered.

No, it wasn't...

They attempted delivery and it was refused.

I emailed the seller via Amazon and told them what had happened. Not sure how this is going to play out. The fact that UPS is lying about the package being delivered is causing me some concern...

I can't return the item since I don't have it, and I can't cancel the order since UPS says it was delivered.

Ickisrulz
04-26-2018, 05:44 PM
Contact Amazon via the Chat option. Tell them what happened and they will make it right. They always have for me anyway. I am a Prime Member so I think that helps some.

DerekP Houston
04-26-2018, 05:48 PM
I've had the same happen, amazon took care of my issue as well.

Idaho45guy
04-26-2018, 06:13 PM
I started a chat with Amazon asking what to do and they said they would just issue me a refund of the amount of the order, which was $36, so I could re-order it.

Was very happy with the response!

Then I went to re-order it from the same seller and it went up to $40.99... LOL. I'm sure if I contact Amazon again they will make it right. Super good service.

RED BEAR
04-26-2018, 06:45 PM
amazon has always done right by me. ordered a sander and it came without the dust bag called amazon and they said they could not send me a dust bag so they sent a whole new sander. you can't ask for better.

Goatwhiskers
04-26-2018, 08:34 PM
Don't be mad at the ups either for the "delivered" notification. His bar code reader had already read the code and he can't take it back out, so it goes in the mainframe as delivered. Just more relying on computers. GW

Idaho45guy
04-26-2018, 08:49 PM
Don't be mad at the ups either for the "delivered" notification. His bar code reader had already read the code and he can't take it back out, so it goes in the mainframe as delivered. Just more relying on computers. GW

Good info, thanks!

GhostHawk
04-26-2018, 08:52 PM
My wife and I buy a lot from Amazon. We have prime, don't get much 2 day shipping, but it is free and reasonably fast. Three to 4 days is about average.

I have bought several large ticket items from Amazon in the last year in part because I knew if there was a problem I could contact them and they would make it right.

I have only had one actual return. A Red Dot sight that would not turn on no matter what I did.
Contacted them they refunded my money. Told me I had X number of days to return the item in original packaging and sent a prepaid postage label to return it with.

With service like that they earn my loyalty and my patronage.

Call me a happy Amazon Customer.

jeepyj
04-26-2018, 09:08 PM
Glad everything worked out, My experience it takes a few days for UPS returns to show up in the system. I buy a lot for work through Amazon and get an occasional mishap but it has always been taken care of asap.

abunaitoo
04-27-2018, 01:39 AM
amazon is pretty good about stuff like that.
Send them a email, with all the information. They will get back to you.
I've had to return a few items, never had a problem.

DocSavage
04-27-2018, 07:30 AM
I ordered a set of Peltor headphones from Amazon and they arrived broken called Amazon CS and they issued a refund right then and there when I asked about returning the broken item they said they didn't want them back.
Now here's the fun part I contacted Peltor about the headphones they said to return them we'll repair them. Nutshell I got a set of $200 headphones for free thank you Amazon Prime.