PDA

View Full Version : Natural gas turkey fryer

richbug
09-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Do they exist? I have searched high and low and can't find one. I'd much rather run a line from my gas manifold than have to worry about running out of propane.

targetshootr
09-10-2008, 12:40 PM
A search will turn up old threads about converting to natural but iirc the amount of heat it puts out vs propane is not as good.

Pitmaster
09-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Natural gas does not run as hot. I think you are better off sticking with propane. You might consider buying an extra or larger tank. I have two 40 lb and one 100lb tanks. An extra hose and I'm all set. I have other uses for the propane tanks and don't like to run out.

MT Gianni
09-10-2008, 05:51 PM
I have never seen one. You could reorifice and install a reg for Nat. The burner will put out the same BTU's with either fuel if adjusted to do so. Burners are rated and designed for btu output, both fuels when properly adjusted will burn to the proper temperature.

Ghugly
09-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Pitmaster is correct, in that propane burns hotter than natural gas. That is far from saying that natural gas won't get the job done. I use a home made natural gas burner for my smelting and routinely smelt 350 lbs at a time. In my opinion, if you have a handy source of natural gas available, it's a no brainer.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5220&d=1194218699

hedgehorn
09-25-2008, 11:15 PM
I have a camp chef and I have re-orficed it to burn natural gas. I plug it into my connection for my bbq. works swell. Very hot and I never run out of fuel ;)