PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on Photo Collages.

DCP
04-08-2018, 08:53 AM
Need advice on Photo Collages.

The Pastor asked me If I could do Photo Collages. He wants many Photos taken of the Church and activities and then made into a Collages.

I have printed lots of photos. On the subject of Collages, I don't have a clue

Since I have never done a Collage any help will be appreciated.

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-08-2018, 01:08 PM
If you use a photo editing software and don't have a clue of how to make a collage, the easiest way to find the answer to your question is to google the name of your photo editting software and Collage.

For instance, I use IrfanView (a free photo editing software that is quite easy to use and has a lot of functions).
I have never made a collage, and it doesn't use the word collage in any of the tool bars, so I googled "IrfanView Collage"
this was the first result of the search.
https://irfanview-forum.de/showthread.php?t=1033

Pressman
04-08-2018, 04:55 PM
Try the Ugly Hedgehog. www.uglyhedgehog.com Great photo and camera site, just frame your questions correctly. Plenty of specialized forums.

Hawks Feather
04-08-2018, 07:05 PM
Many of the local printing places, including Walmart, Meijer, Cosco, etc. will be able to make the collages from your digital images. Normally you can arrange your layout any way you like. Then there are collage programs such as Posterino if you want to do it all yourself.

DCP
04-10-2018, 08:27 PM
Thanks to all

My Grandson sent me this

https://www.fotojet.com
This website I found looks good. Has a bunch of templates you can buy, but online free version as well. Check it out.

trebor44
04-11-2018, 10:34 AM
A collage is simply a collection of images 'pasted' to a single image substrate. It is an old art form (design) and could be a mix of photos, paint, things etc. Look at some art collages and think about about a 'free flowing, unstructured' image. Do a hard copy 'mock up' and then do the final based on your and the 'clients' preference. There is no right or wrong way for collages, it is up to the creator of the collage!