PDA

View Full Version : Forum Monitoring Software?

rototerrier
04-04-2018, 03:47 PM
I'm curious what forum monitoring software any of you guys are using.

I've been noticing over the last several months that every time someone posts lead for sale in the classifieds, a single person will claim it all within 2-3 minutes of the posting.

That's just enough time to get a notification, get logged in, post I'll take it all and send a PM.

I've seen this happen over and over again and I'm just wondering what forum notification tools are being used. I'm aware there are scrapers out there, I just don't know what's the best. Assuming you can lock it in on the classifieds section to monitor and alert you of any posts added with certain keywords...like Lead or ingots or coww, etc.

I suppose it's possible that there's just always someone sitting there refreshing the page, watching and waiting, but that seems like an awful waste of time. I'd find it more likely they are using a tool that monitors for them and alerts them the instant a lead posting goes up.

I want in on that action.

No_1
04-04-2018, 03:55 PM
I'm curious what forum monitoring software any of you guys are using.

I've been noticing over the last several months that every time someone posts lead for sale in the classifieds, a single person will claim it all within 2-3 minutes of the posting.

That's just enough time to get a notification, get logged in, post I'll take it all and send a PM.

I've seen this happen over and over again and I'm just wondering what forum notification tools are being used. I'm aware there are scrapers out there, I just don't know what's the best. Assuming you can lock it in on the classifieds section to monitor and alert you of any posts added with certain keywords...like Lead or ingots or coww, etc.

I suppose it's possible that there's just always someone sitting there refreshing the page, watching and waiting, but that seems like an awful waste of time. I'd find it more likely they are using a tool that monitors for them and alerts them the instant a lead posting goes up.

I want in on that action.

I use Tapatalk and subscribe to the forum.

Take care,
Robert

mozeppa
04-04-2018, 04:42 PM
well .........we have 45,800 members on this site...at any one moment there are 6 to 7 HUNDRED OF US online at any second.

now for your common thread.... what do we ALL send down range?

what do we all need, work with, study, dare i say crave?...lead!

no software required...your welcome!

rototerrier
04-04-2018, 06:23 PM
I found the software that does it. It's pretty slick.

xs11jack
04-04-2018, 07:15 PM
I am curious, can you tell us what it is?
Ole Jack

shooter93
04-04-2018, 07:21 PM
It may be easier to just post what you want and have someone contact you. If you're like me and work at a jobsite you can't be watching the site or get notices so it's easier to just post that you want to buy some lead.

MaryB
04-04-2018, 08:42 PM
Scroll through the vendors forum and send the lead guys a PM that you need lead.

GhostHawk
04-04-2018, 09:03 PM
Never used anything like that. Been lucky a few times.

Missed a few too.

Due diligence and the 3 P's. Patience, persistence and Perseverance.

woodbutcher
04-04-2018, 09:12 PM
[smilie=s: Hey Ghosthawk.Don`t forget the most important part.CASH:bigsmyl2:.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo