PDA

View Full Version : Gun grabber at the range

Thumbcocker
04-02-2018, 10:34 AM

Went to the range with Mrs. Thumbcocker. She grabbed my Sig 1911 and wouldn't turn lose. Just when you think you know someone they show their true colors.

osteodoc08
04-02-2018, 10:38 AM
Nice shooting Mrs Thumbcocker!

It’s always nice to have a great life partner. You’re a lucky man Mr Thumbcocker.

Truth be told, I thought I was gonna read a story of a member that had a gun swiped while at the range. This was much nicer to see.

nagantguy
04-02-2018, 10:47 AM
I never understood exactly why , what it meant the way my great grandfather looked at his wife and how they had complete conversations without a word spoken. Don't know if I was dense or just to beaten up by life or maybe not mature enough or maybe didn't think I deserved it but now the bond with my wife has reached that level. Love and trust are puny silly words when trying to explain what it actually means. You have a good lady there and remember to tell her so everyday because something that special should never be taken for granted. Thanks for sharing this I'm going to call my wife at work just to tell her thank you.

Biggin
04-02-2018, 12:21 PM
LOL!!!! I got one of those too!!! We argue all the time about new gun purchases. Whose gonna get to shoot it first!!!!

jsizemore
04-02-2018, 12:25 PM
She's just showing good taste.

45workhorse
04-02-2018, 01:26 PM
Well played.
I opened this thinking I was going to be mad, after reading this.:bigsmyl2:

JBinMN
04-02-2018, 01:33 PM
It is great to married to someone who enjoys shooting as much as you do! Some of us are lucky that way!
;)

So.... Have ya decided on which firearm you are going to get next, now that she has claimed the SIG?
LOL
;)

lightman
04-02-2018, 01:43 PM
I was expecting a sad story involving a stolen gun! I could live with this situation, and have. Well played!

skeettx
04-02-2018, 01:44 PM
Smart woman !!!
Yeeee Hawww!
Mike

mold maker
04-02-2018, 04:39 PM
I'm blessed in the other direction. My wife has put up with me for over half a century and only shot with me once. She proved her self with my (only) gun and said, "I'm done". Since then she never asks me questions or cares what I get. Her only complaint was that the safe was in her way when sewing.
I moved the safe.

Rcmaveric
04-02-2018, 05:46 PM
A good woman with taste and knows what she wants. Mine chosses pink guns because they are pink then steals mine. Lol

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Snow ninja
04-02-2018, 05:53 PM
Lucky indeed. Mine has a penchant for old revolvers. We get along nicely...

EMC45
04-03-2018, 09:55 AM
Good deal! I see you get your targets where I get mine....

Cosmic_Charlie
04-03-2018, 10:08 AM
I never understood exactly why , what it meant the way my great grandfather looked at his wife and how they had complete conversations without a word spoken. Don't know if I was dense or just to beaten up by life or maybe not mature enough or maybe didn't think I deserved it but now the bond with my wife has reached that level. Love and trust are puny silly words when trying to explain what it actually means. You have a good lady there and remember to tell her so everyday because something that special should never be taken for granted. Thanks for sharing this I'm going to call my wife at work just to tell her thank you.

^-this-^

Three44s
04-04-2018, 09:19 AM
My wife started staking claims on whether I could sell this particular firearm or not before we even got married!

She took a particular fancy to an M1 Garland.

After we got married, she asked me about a Remington Wingmaster 870 in 20 ga. ...... “You are going to buy that aren’t you”?

I answered “yes” and she replied “Good, that looks like fun!”

Three44s

jonp
04-04-2018, 06:31 PM
My wife did the same thing then it got worse. Way worse. She told me I could buy any gun I wanted...as long as I bought her one too.

D Crockett
04-04-2018, 06:56 PM
I used to have a drinking problem the wife fixed that now I have a gun problem she says that she can fix that as long as she get to test them to now I don't have a drinking problem I now have a wife problem with guns D Crockett

Mr_Sheesh
04-05-2018, 12:06 AM
Could be worse - A gun-friendly wife beats having a firearm-hostile one ANY day...