PDA

View Full Version : Project Sage Hopper

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-01-2018, 09:56 AM
I wonder how they will adapt to the winters in the high desert?

First 90 Kangaroos released in Wyoming

(Dubois, Wyo) – The Wyoming Wild Game Department (WWGD) partnering with the Wyoming Migration Initiative (WMI) have released the first of 5 planned batches of 90 Antilopine Kangaroos into the Wyoming outdoors.

Dubbed “Project Sage Hopper” by the WWGD team responsible for evaluating the viability of Wyoming’s habitat for Australian marsupials, it has been in the planning stages for 3 years. The goal is two-fold: Create new and interesting wildlife viewing opportunities for tourists, and in several years, potentially provide additional hunting opportunities.

“Antilopine means ‘antelope-like, so we are interested to see how these kangeroos adapt to Wyoming’s wild landscapes,” WMI Director Matt Kauffman said. “If they start migrating, we’ll be tracking their movements, looking to see how they learn to exploit the sage steppe and the mountains, where they ‘hopover,’ those sorts of things.”

...more at link

https://buckrail.com/first-90-kangaroos-released-in-wyoming/

Blanket
04-01-2018, 10:36 AM
April fools

MT Gianni
04-01-2018, 10:53 AM
Dubois isn't really sage country and if they were released out of Rawlins the sss or ss-grill crowd would take care of them.

Gewehr-Guy
04-01-2018, 11:21 AM
They should eat better than grilled jackalope

nvbirdman
04-01-2018, 05:49 PM
I once asked a girl from Australia about eating kangaroo and she said some people do sometimes eat them, but it's not something you would brag to the neighbors about.
Given her response, I did not ask if she had ever tasted it.

starmac
04-01-2018, 05:56 PM
It is odd that you don't see a lot of talk about eating them, turn some loose in Lowsyana and we will hear about how they taste, and the best recipes for them within days.

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-01-2018, 11:47 PM
Good to see I couldn't fool any castbooliteers.
I posted this on 4 other forums/FB groups and several fell for it...which brought me joy.

Also got a lot of sarcastic remarks...best remark was this...

Yea they tried that in Jurassic Park already, didn’t work all 4 times!!! Learn from the past people!!!
Good Times.
Happy April first
and
Happy Easter