PDA

View Full Version : 22CCM Holy Mackrel!

45-70 Chevroner
03-29-2018, 08:08 PM
And I don't mean that in a good way. I checked this cartridge and a rifle out. The ammo is quite expensive and the Rifles are out of sight for the average guy. The cartridge is reloadable and there is data for it. My real problem with it is it falls right in between the 22 Mag and the 22 Hornet. I don't see any advantage for it. I have a 22Mag but I hardly ever shoot it. I have a 223 single shot and it will do anything either of those will do, and it will, accuracy wise shoot better than the 22 mag and hold it's own with the 22 Hornet. That is with cast boolits from a Lyman 55 gr mold. Any comments? I would like to read your thoughts.

HangFireW8
03-29-2018, 08:16 PM
Cooper firearms were all about the high end market. The rifles were beautiful. The 22CCM accuracy potential is much better than the 22 Mag and maybe better than the Hornet, and the action sized just right for it. It's kind of like comparing a small engined Ferrari (as sold in Italy, not so much here) with a Corvette. Sure the Corvette is faster. And cheaper. That's not why people buy it.

BrutalAB
03-29-2018, 11:43 PM
Never heard of the 22ccm but...
I've got a 357 mag Taurus m66 that is as accurate as I could want it to be and can take care of anything I could reasonably expect a handgun to take care of. It's fun to shoot, and factory ammo is easy enough to come by and if you hunt it down can be quite reasonably priced.
I still bought a colt delta elite 2 years ago even though it is pretty evenly matched in terms of energy, factory ammo is not exactly easy to find, nor can it be found on the cheap. Same heft of a large gun. I am also no where near as good of a shot with it. For practical purposes, it really doesn't add anything much to justify the purchase of a 1000 dollar gun and brass and mold and dies. But I did it anyways.

Why?

Tldr; variety is the spice of life.

Reddirt62
03-30-2018, 06:57 AM
I know A guy that just released the 223 Grendel, quite the little wildcat. He is selling barrels, uppers, ammo, brass, and dies. I love stuff like this but just cannot let loose of the funds. My magic legs cost 7k+ each and I am already having a second one being made.

Pardon me whilst I adjust my accrutiments.

45-70 Chevroner
03-30-2018, 01:14 PM
Cooper firearms were all about the high end market. The rifles were beautiful. The 22CCM accuracy potential is much better than the 22 Mag and maybe better than the Hornet, and the action sized just right for it. It's kind of like comparing a small engined Ferrari (as sold in Italy, not so much here) with a Corvette. Sure the Corvette is faster. And cheaper. That's not why people buy it.

I under stand what your saying. I could actually afford to buy one but my priorities lie somewhere else, and if you are going to spend that much on a small caliber rifle why not get it in a Hornet. Yes and I have heard that old story that well it's something new to play with, then if you just have to do it I would say go for it.

Walter Laich
03-30-2018, 03:23 PM
never heard of this one before
thanks for bringing it to my attention