PDA

View Full Version : Holster options for a 2” wheel gun?

tinhorn97062
03-26-2018, 09:26 PM
Anybody carry a snub revolver? I need some holster options that offer super concealability.

brewer12345
03-26-2018, 09:30 PM
I have been happy with a DeSantis Pocket Tuk.

Outpost75
03-26-2018, 09:35 PM
I've used El Paso Saddlery Pocket-Max for 30 years.

country gent
03-26-2018, 09:37 PM
Look at the inside the pants tuckables these are inside the waist band and the shirt tail is tucked in same as normal. Depending on your size and the pistols size pocket carry may be an option also. With the inside the pants carry pants slightly bigger make it much more comfortable

EMR
03-26-2018, 09:40 PM
IWB or OWB? Position of carry? Preferred material?

I’ve got a leather Sidegaurd Holster that I carry appendix IWB a S&W M&P340. I often forget it’s even there.

http://www.sideguardholsters.com/holsters/IWB_Holsters.htm

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180327/aa5537827b26e3cccab31a0a8b846572.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baja_Traveler
03-26-2018, 11:21 PM
My two carry rigs:
Top - Sig P220 in a Crossbreed Supertuck - I wear this when jackets or heavier clothing is appropriate.
Bottom - S&W Airweight in a Blackhawk IWB - I can hide this wearing shorts and a T shirt.

Paper Puncher
03-26-2018, 11:50 PM
Alien Gear IWB Cloak Tuck.

If you need more conceal-ability you could try a belly band holster.

winelover
03-27-2018, 06:55 AM
Mika pocket holster (square cut option) fits my J frame, 357 LCR, Beretta Nano and Kahr CM-9......just need the right pants. I prefer those with cargo pockets.

Winelover

Petrol & Powder
03-27-2018, 07:41 AM
2" (or really 1 7/8") DAO J-frame = pocket holster. There's lots of good ones to choose from.

2 1/4" DAO Ruger SP101, or 2" Detective Special, maybe a pocket holster if you have big pockets.

2" K-frame sized revolver, you're probably getting into the territory of IWB or OWB holsters.
Because the gun is so short to start with, there's not a lot to be gained in terms of concealment from an IWB holster. An OWB holster will be more comfortable and offers almost the same ease of concealment. The cylinder of the revolver makes them less than ideal for an IWB holster in terms of comfort.

tinhorn97062
03-27-2018, 02:42 PM
Thanks all...some good options there. A couple that I’m leaning towards are an ankle rig and one of those alien gear tuckable holsters. For my purposes, it needs to be IWB if on the waist. I prefer leather, but don’t mind other materials.

Outpost75
03-27-2018, 03:07 PM
The Duluth Trading Middle Management chinos have deep enough pockets for a 3" S&W Model 13 or Ruger Speed Six and if you get the pleated trousers and wear Perry suspenders with them the gun won't print.

KCSO
03-27-2018, 03:44 PM
I use and old fashioned Yaqui slide I believe now this is the Bianchi 105??? .

dubber123
03-27-2018, 06:09 PM
Thanks all...some good options there. A couple that I’m leaning towards are an ankle rig and one of those alien gear tuckable holsters. For my purposes, it needs to be IWB if on the waist. I prefer leather, but don’t mind other materials.

Everybody is different, but in my experience, if you want a super slow, awkward draw, and like the feeling of a dead house cat strapped to your leg all day, the ankle holster may be for you, :) I carried a snub from 16 to at least 35 years old. I carried appendix in a Bianchi IWB holster, and wore a few out. There are tons of good holsters available. Don't be surprised if you try a few before you find the perfect one. I am fond of my Crossbreed Mini Tuck now.

35remington
03-27-2018, 08:59 PM
An OWB holster in the summer looks like a wart of considerable size on me with an untucked shirt laying lumpily over it. Last I got measured at the doc’s for my physical I am six two and a half and weigh 246 so it isn’t because I am too small to hide it and no, I do not have a spare tire on my middle.

For me that is IWB appendix with a Bianchi 100 Professional that differs little in appearance from others shown here. In summer an untucked shirt is more comfortable and less sweat prone as it allows air to circulate. Ankle holsters do not interest me as the contortions needed to draw the piece I view as impractical if I need to get to it.
I do not find a five shot Smith uncomfortable for IWB carry and the lightness seems less sweat inducing. What is persuasive is the small butt prints less than anything but a micro 380.

If it is cool enough a tucked shirt is feasible I still go untucked or wear a light jacket and conceal a bigger gun. Sweaty nasty icky days are aluminum snubby days, especially if a little activity is necessary. I will often use a cheapo sandwich bag of the folding variety around the holster to avoid sweat soaking it. This impedes the draw not at all and the holster is easily clipped on even with the (very thin) sandwich bag around it and under the clip.

Speed strip in the pocket. I can actually tolerate sitting on an HKS speedloader for a reasonable period of time if the seat is not too hard and will carry one on all but the hottest most active days....and usually even then.

nvbirdman
03-27-2018, 11:53 PM
I am using a Versacarry. There is no bulk, and it's the most comfortable I've tried so far. The disadvantage is that you can't reholster the gun, but they're cheap enough that you won't lose anything by trying one.

Mytmousemalibu
03-28-2018, 12:15 AM
I carry my little 442 J-frame every day and for the most part I forget about it within a few minutes of putting it in my pocket every morning. Its that comfortable! So comfortable I let a couple of my fellow USPSA buddies try it and by the end of the week, both had bought J-frames and put them in edc duty! Both aren't really wheelgun guys nor were looking for them. They did express some distaste for carrying compact semi autos on a daily basis as far as size, weight, and comfort goes. I use a Sticky brand pocket holster and love it!

Thin Man
03-28-2018, 07:30 AM
I also vote for the IWB (inside waist band) style holster. These can be carried on either side for strong hand draw or strong hand cross-draw depending on how you are dressed for the day. Their greatest asset is to keep the wheeler from dropping below the waist line, down your leg and bouncing across the floor. Yes, I have seen that happen and it gets lots of folk excited for a few minutes. My preference is the very thin leather models with a "roughout" exterior which also helps them maintain their location.

rond
03-28-2018, 10:20 AM
I have 2 crossdraw holsters from Ross Leather for my SP101 and model 66 snubbies. They are made so you can draw while sitting.

shooter93
03-28-2018, 07:16 PM
Second vote for El Paso Saddlery. Great stuff at good prices. They get the vast majority of my business.

RED BEAR
03-28-2018, 08:09 PM
I really like craft holsters. It takes a little time to get it about 6 weeks if I rember right. They are made to order for your specific gun at a very reasonable price. Fit and finish is top rate .

Repass
04-06-2018, 12:21 PM
I use an concealed carry holster (https://holsteraddict.com/concealed-carry-holster), but I'm going away from hybrid style holsters. Ill definitely go with 2a holster again for an all kydex holster.

Blackwater
04-06-2018, 02:05 PM
For outside the pants wear, I'd look closely at the Bianchi Askins Avenger or the Galco Avenger. I like the open top with no strap or snap, but YMMV. For IWB, I have really been impressed by Andrews Leather's McDaniel holster. I have one for my 4" Kimber Lwt. .45, and I'll never carry a 2" .38 again, it's so comfortable and concealable and leaves me with easy and ready access to it if I need to draw it. This has been the most impressive and comfortable IWB holster I've ever worn. At least as comfortable as it CAN be when you're carrying ANY gun of any type in any manner. It'll always be a bit of a hassle to carry, but it sure is so very comforting!