PDA

View Full Version : .375 H&H brass

sniper
09-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Dunno if this is the right place, but does anyone have a couple of spare .375 H&H brass or one of similar inside neck diameter they will sell me? I am trying to make a "Kake Kutter" to remove my ~ .358 in. 357 magnum cast boolits from the lubing pan, and that neck size seems the closest I can come up with that will fit over the boolits with sufficient clearance. Thanks.

docone31
09-06-2008, 05:06 PM
You do not need a Kake Cutter.
Next time you lube, put some wax paper in the bottom of the pan. Once the lube cools, turn the pan upside down and pull one side. The cake falls out. Just then push the castings by the nose through the cake.
I have done many, many, that way.

sniper
09-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Next time you lube, put some wax paper in the bottom of the pan. Once the lube cools, turn the pan upside down and pull one side. The cake falls out. Just then push the castings by the nose through the cake.
I have done many, many, that way.

Sounds good, but what sort of lube are you using?
The last experience I had was with NRA 50-50, and it would have been like trying to pick up egg yolks, or jello, but really gooey.

Echo
09-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Should be soft, but not gooey. In any case put the whole pan in the fridge for 30 minutes (or an hour) to harden things up some... Works like a charm.

klausg
09-08-2008, 01:45 PM
sniper-
I've never used a cake cutter when pan-lubing; I used to let the lube set then throw it in the freezer for around 10 minutes and the did the push the out by the nose method. If you want to try the cake cutter, shoot me a PM with your address & I will send you a couple of .375 H&H to try.

-Klaus

sniper
09-08-2008, 04:00 PM
PM sent.

sniper
09-29-2008, 03:58 PM
If you want to try the cake cutter, shoot me a PM with your address & I will send you a couple of .375 H&H to try. -Klaus

Klaus: Brass arrived in good order. Thank you, Sir! :-D I am also going to try the freezer and wax paper in the bottom of the pan. I wonder...will non-stick coating work as well as the wax paper?

docone31
09-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Not as well, but it does work.
When I have tried non-stick, I have left the pan with the lube semi solid, upside down.
The next day I bapped the bottom. It fell out.
If the lube is too gooey to handle with it cold, add some beeswax. I like my lube a little gooey, not just plain gooey.

hiram
09-29-2008, 08:40 PM
35 remington is proper neck size.