PDA

View Full Version : Fair Price for Brass?

Boerrancher
09-06-2008, 09:30 AM
I will have a chance to pick up a couple of hundred pieces of once fired 30-30 brass for $15 per hundred. I am assuming it is range pick up and of mixed Mfg. I can buy it for about $26 per hundred new from a couple of places. I also know that this is not polished and deprimed. Is this a fair price? Should I try to get it for less? Or, should I just walk away from the deal completely?

Best Wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe

felix
09-06-2008, 09:39 AM
Half that price is fair if buying in larger lots. Based upon your need, and time when you want it, the price is OK. But, this is true for anything. Best not to have a need for it in the first place. ... felix

woody1
09-06-2008, 11:14 AM
I usually check here for used brass prices.
http://www.brassmanbrass.com/inventory-001.html
If I can't beat the Brassman's price (have to include shipping) I don't buy it. Regards, Woody

August
09-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Around these parts, 1/2 the new price is considered fair for once fired brass. When it's priced that way, it doesn't sit for long. When priced higher, it sits and people complain about the marauding bastard that is asking high prices. So, from that perspective, the price quoted to you is a bit high, but not by much. Dicker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DLCTEX
09-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Old Hickory has some in swapping and selling for $7.50 C. 30WCF in factory boxes.

tanstafl10
09-07-2008, 07:26 AM
Boerrancher

I, too, would expect it a little lower, but I do pay that to my students who bring their brass in to school for me. I am trying to stimulate young shooters and figure they can take the money and buy 22 RF or something else to shoot more often. We need to get the young ones involved, I figure.

I even buy calibers I do not have, just to keep things cycling!

Consider your source.

Take care

jawjaboy
09-07-2008, 07:40 AM
Boerrancher

I, too, would expect it a little lower, but I do pay that to my students who bring their brass in to school for me. I am trying to stimulate young shooters and figure they can take the money and buy 22 RF or something else to shoot more often. We need to get the young ones involved, I figure.

I even buy calibers I do not have, just to keep things cycling!

Consider your source.

Take care

Generous effort on your part noted here. I salute you.