PDA

View Full Version : City kids.

starmac
03-22-2018, 06:21 PM
They sure do it the hard way, I bet this one has to come back tomorrow to get her license.
From the looks of it, any body parked in the row behind her would have been in danger, if she had of found reverse.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/22/teen-crashes-into-exam-building-during-her-drivers-test-police-say.html

Ickisrulz
03-22-2018, 07:34 PM
She probably first gently pressed the accelerator but didn't get anywhere because she was against the curb. Then she probably really hit the gas!

Petrol & Powder
03-22-2018, 08:11 PM
Does that mean she doesn't get her license today?

starmac
03-22-2018, 08:15 PM
I do not know, depends on what the participation trophy looks like today. lol

I can just imagine the look on her mom or dads face, whoever drove her to the dmv, when she did this. I think if one of my daughters had of done that I would just quietly start walking away. lol

lefty o
03-22-2018, 10:15 PM
buffalo really isnt much of in the "city". its sort of rural, so dont jump so fast at making assumptions.

starmac
03-22-2018, 10:20 PM
HA Ha, just looking at the pictures, it is a major city compared to where my kids grew up. lol

MT Gianni
03-22-2018, 10:23 PM
buffalo really isnt much of in the "city". its sort of rural, so dont jump so fast at making assumptions.

Article says from Monticello, google says population is 12,700+. In Montana anything over 2500 population is city kids. YMMV.

lefty o
03-22-2018, 10:27 PM
Article says from Monticello, google says population is 12,700+. In Montana anything over 2500 population is city kids. YMMV.

monticello isnt big city either.

starmac
03-22-2018, 11:53 PM
Well it has a dmv, so around here it would be considered a city.

Petrol & Powder
03-23-2018, 05:27 AM
Hey, maybe the DMV examiner told her to pull out of the parking space and didn't specify which direction :razz:

bdicki
03-23-2018, 08:25 AM
Reminds me of this add with the teen driver standing with his mom admitting he can't change a flat tire. It's sad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_Rkahsi7c8

frkelly74
03-23-2018, 08:51 AM
I showed the daughters how to change a tire one day but the lug nuts were a problem. When you weigh 86 pounds you don't have much leverage with the OEM jack / wrench equipment. .... A woman lost a wheel right in front of the house last fall. Whoever had put the wheel on had only installed one nut and that stud had broken off. You have to have at least two holding I told her. Life in the city, I miss the country.

Greg G.
03-23-2018, 10:49 AM
Does that mean she doesn't get her license today?

Well of course she passed, it's Minnesota.:bigsmyl2:

MaryB
03-23-2018, 08:21 PM
As messed up as the MN DMV computer system is she might get her license in 3 years...

jonp
03-23-2018, 08:37 PM
Legend

bassnbuck
03-24-2018, 03:33 AM
I have a daughter in buffalo and a daughter in Monticello (yes they both have a drivers license). The wife grew up in Minneapolis. I tell them any thing south of hill city is in ''The Cities''. Sorry Mary B.

MaryB
03-25-2018, 01:31 AM
Hey now! Those of use way out west are NOT part of that liberal ant hill!

bassnbuck
03-25-2018, 04:02 AM
LOL, I thought that might get your attention.

EDG
03-26-2018, 10:39 AM
My manual stick driving daughters know a lot of guys that only drive automatic transmissions.

JBinMN
03-26-2018, 11:03 AM
Legend

A bit off topic, but I don't know what that means. I even googled it for a "slang" definition. In the interest of education, will you enlighten me, & perhaps others what is meant by your use of that word, please. I would appreciate it, thnx.
:)

I regard to stay on topic, I live in Mn & have for many years and traveled & lived elsewhere as well. Mostly rural. I have found that there are things like this that happen both in cities as well as the rural areas. Accidents happen under stress & it is not limited to where one lives. "Stuff" happens, & that is about it, IMO. Could have been a rural kid who went to the town to take the test, as well as a city kid. There is no monopoly on this sort of thing happening.

"Just sayin' ", as they say...
;)

Have fun with the discussion. That is all from me.
;)

starmac
03-26-2018, 10:05 PM
My manual stick driving daughters know a lot of guys that only drive automatic transmissions.

Just in the last couple of days, I read a news article about a jihadist murderer and robber that got caught because a guy he robbed and took his keys had a stick, he couldn't drive it, so took off running and they caught him. I loved it.
Some time in the late 70's a guy was caught stealing a ford pinto, get that a pinto. He couldn't drive it so he was pushing it and when he got to the first intersection there was an off duty officer directing traffic, he new that the car was stolen, because it was his car. lol

Both of my daughters could drive a stick several years before they got their license, they are in their 30's now and either of them can get by in a semi if they need to.

megasupermagnum
03-26-2018, 10:28 PM
She probably first gently pressed the accelerator but didn't get anywhere because she was against the curb. Then she probably really hit the gas!

I grew up in Annandale, just over 10 miles from Buffalo. Based on the picture, I'm thinking that they crashed in the lot in front of the movie theater, which is a number of blocks away from the DMV. I should drive by there just to see. I wouldn't call Monticello a big city, but it is a far cry from a small town. A number of years back, Monticello, St. Micheal, and Buffalo were kind of in an Annex war to gobble up the land between them. There's only a small area between the cities that you can legally hunt. The land is still rural, but the city limits are out there. If you think a kid mixing up drive and reverse is bad, don't ever drive through St. Cloud!

Funny thing about the MN DMV. We spent $93 million for MNLARS, and it is a complete fail. Now Governor "mumbles" Dayton says we need $43 million to fix it. My dad is waiting for a title to a car he bought 8 months ago. If either of the dakota's had more trees, I'd already be there.

starmac
03-27-2018, 12:15 AM
The city kid was just a joke, they can be anywhere. My last two years in high school was in a small village, we had a rock fence about 3 feet tall in front of the school and one FEMALE probably jumped the curb and hit that wall 20 times, she had a standard and was constantly thinking she had it in reverse and dumping the clutch. That was not her only driving problem by far though. lol

Shopdog
03-29-2018, 06:03 AM
I got the call to rebuild a 150 y.o. brick entrance to a $$ private,girls college.Very tricky rebuild,maintaining historic accuracy.Some drunk girl had rammed it pretty good going round 20 mph.We took a cpl days,so say we started on Monday finish on Wednesday. Got a call the following week,no lie,......"uhh,remember the entrance"?

Yup,that following weekend it got hit again....duh.Now mind you,this entrance has been around since the 1800's.