PDA

View Full Version : FS Armi Sport 45 Cal flintlock rifle

roots911
03-16-2018, 03:02 PM
Can no longer shoot so it is time to sell this beautiful rifle. It was made in Italy in 1985. It has a 35 inch barrel with a 1 in 36 twist. The rifle is 51-1/2 inches long and has a walnut stock. The steel parts have a browned finish that is well done. I do not know if it is factory or applied later. The bore is perfect. The lock sparks well. I was starting to work up loads for it four years ago when I got sick so I didn't get very far. Did find out that it shoots RB well but loves the maxi balls. Also included is a lyman .440 RB mold and a steel maxi ball mold with one set of handles. I prefer not to ship because of the excessive cost and the very real danger of damage to the stock no matter how well packed. I am located 15 min north of the King of Prussia exit on the PA TPK. I am asking $350 for the package and I will add a lace on sling if picked up. Please PM with any questions.

roots911
03-17-2018, 12:11 PM
Saturday bump to the top. This is a nice rifle that deserves a new owner that will get pleasure from it for years to come.

koger
03-17-2018, 02:08 PM
Could you give me a barrel length?

Edward
03-17-2018, 02:54 PM
Can no longer shoot so it is time to sell this beautiful rifle. It was made in Italy in 1985. It has a 35 inch barrel with a 1 in 36 twist. The rifle is 51-1/2 inches long and has a walnut stock. The steel parts have a browned finish that is well done. I do not know if it is factory or applied later. The bore is perfect. The lock sparks well. I was starting to work up loads for it four years ago when I got sick so I didn't get very far. Did find out that it shoots RB well but loves the maxi balls. Also included is a lyman .440 RB mold and a steel maxi ball mold with one set of handles. I prefer not to ship because of the excessive cost and the very real danger of damage to the stock no matter how well packed. I am located 15 min north of the King of Prussia exit on the PA TPK. I am asking $350 for the package and I will add a lace on sling if picked up. Please PM with any questions.

I ship UPS all the time ,pack well , insure (1st $100.00 UPS provides ) for what you think it"s worth and comes with tracking . UPS got my Sharps 1874 to me in great shape and that was $2400.00 .You add the cost on and get more money and more folks looking ,picking up limits the sale severely just sayin/Ed

roots911
03-17-2018, 04:39 PM
My local UPS store is owned by recent immigrants that evidently do not believe in guns and require shipment to a FFL from an FFL with all the appropriate forms. The fact that it is a flintlock and not considered a regulated gun means nothing to them. I will check with my FFL to see what he will charge for the transfer and shipping.

Springfield
03-17-2018, 09:31 PM
Local UPS stores can not change the rules just because they feel like it. Contact the UPS main office and tell them what they are doing. The law is the law, and has to be followed or they can lose their franchise. Personally, I just box thigs up ans send it, they are not required to know what is inside.

mooman76
03-17-2018, 10:30 PM
This is common with UPS stores and other shipping places. They are not familiar with the laws and don't want to take a chance. If you have a local actual UPS office, it should not be a problem or don't tell them what they are shipping. USPS is also an option.

bedbugbilly
03-18-2018, 11:43 AM
Then if they are a "recent immigrant" - they need to learn the laws especially if they are in the business of shipping items. I have run in to the same type of thing with a couple of franchise UPS places. I'm sorry, I don't get it. If they are going to run a business then "learn" the business. But that's a whole other issue I guess.

Well packed, that rifle should ship just fine and I've done it many times but it can be a hassle if you don't have a proper box for it. Maybe your local gun dealer could help you out with a shipping box? Fortunately, where I live we have a local sporting goods supplier (non franchise) who also is a UPS drop/ship agent. I don't even fool with the storefront UPS stores anymore.

Nice looking rifle - had a friend that had one a number of years ago and he loved it - a good shooting rifle. Good luck with your sale!

aephilli822
03-18-2018, 10:43 PM
For God's sake, somebody buy this before I send him a hard case inside a box and hacksaw 10 inches off the barrel the minute it gets here.......

Lonegun1894
03-19-2018, 12:42 AM
If I lived close enough to pick it up, my bills might not get paid this month. That is beautiful. I’ve got a Savage 93 in .22 Mag I need to sell first. How soon do you need the money? Cause if this is still available when the .22 sells, I may as well tell the buyer to send the check straight to you.