PDA

View Full Version : Anyone shooting cast in Canik TP9 series?

marek313
03-15-2018, 12:46 PM
So I'm thinking about picking up Canik TP9 sfx as my next purchase. I want full 5" barrel with long slide. I was considering Walther PPQ Q5 which is a nicer gun but shooting lead i would prefer standard button rifled barrel vs polygonal design. Both guns are pretty much the same in case you were wondering. You can even swap slides and go shoot both just fine (see you tube for more details). Canik paid Walther for the design rights from what I found out.

I know you can shoot lead in polygonal barrels too but I would rather not mess with it since I had good success with standard barrels. Plus Canik is $250 cheaper so I can get Canik with red dot for the same price as stock walther.

Any problems shooting lead in Canik TP9 or any other problems at all? Does it have generous throat for lead bullets before rifling begins? I'm casting Lee 356-124-2R PCed and sized to .3575 for my other guns so I'm hoping that I can use the same size for Canik but we'll see I guess.

Uncle Dave
03-16-2018, 02:21 AM
No problems so far after several hundred rounds. I really like it! I will have to look up some of the loads details and will respond back later.
Dave

scattershot
03-17-2018, 10:40 AM
You will love that Canik. Mine has the nicest trigger of any plastic pistol I have shot to date. I shoot cast boolits in all my pistols, and haven’t had a problem.

Good shooting!

KCSO
03-17-2018, 10:48 AM
That was most of what I shot in mine. I used and old ideal mould that cast a 139 grain rn bullet with bullseye powder and it ate them right up with excellent accuracy.