PDA

View Full Version : Lyman Luber 4500 With Heater - Help

forrest-hunter
03-14-2018, 07:07 PM
Tried it out today and made a mess:
1-had lube in grove, covering bullet, everywhere
2-never did figure out how to put gas check applicator on (need a picture)

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-14-2018, 07:12 PM
You don't give too many details of your problems...I'm guessing you haven't read the manual, since the manual has an illustration of where the gas check seater tool goes.

https://www.lymanproducts.com/media/user/file/2/7/2712015_master_casting_kit_230v_p2.pdf

forrest-hunter
03-14-2018, 07:31 PM
I read the manual and saw the diagram but still can't figure how to put applicator in -
I let the heater heat up lubricant for about 20 minutes then screwed down as instructions call for - the lubricant covered the bullets - remove die and there was lubricant all over die and in hole where it is placed

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-14-2018, 07:43 PM
Page 6 of the PDF link

<<Apply no more pressure on lubricant than is required to “just fill the grooves”. If too much
pressure is built up, the lube will accumulate between the base of the bullet and the bottom
punch. This condition may also be caused by not holding down firmly on the handle when
you apply lubricant pressure. The very least pressure that will fill the grooves is best.>>

Page 5 of the PDF link shows "installing Gas check seater"...That doesn't help you out ?

forrest-hunter
03-14-2018, 08:12 PM
after reading instructions 6 times it finally clicked - thanks