PDA

View Full Version : Bullets from Lyman 375449

Jimeast
03-13-2018, 09:48 AM
Hello all. New to the forum, I have reloaded lead, cast bullets for revolvers for several years and am working on reloading a rifle that i would like to develop good accuracy and range with. I don't cast yet, but once I get better set up for all the reloading I do, I plan to. The rifle is a Ruger Hawkeye, in .375 Ruger caliber

Question: I am going to try a Montana Bullet Works gas check bullet from the Lyman 375449 mold.

https://www.montanabulletworks.com/product/375-lyman-375449-264gr-fn-gc/

I currently reload several calibers with lead bullets, but have not seen a bullet like this in the crimp area. What I think is the crimp groove looks more like a lube groove. Maybe I am not looking at this right. Can someone help set me straight on this?

Guesser
03-13-2018, 10:34 AM
Load it to fit the length you need for your magazine/chamber and leave it. You are shooting a bolt gun so you may not need a crimp. If you do need a crimp, then do it where you have your length. If you are worried because there may be loob grooves with loob exposed above the case mouth, don't. That is not a problem. I use that bullet in 38-55 and I load it as long as will feed thru my action. Good bullet!!!