PDA

View Full Version : The mother of brass group buys...

LeadThrower
09-04-2008, 11:13 AM
http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=1929710

That's got to be enough brass for at least one weekend of shootin' fun! [smilie=1:

corvette8n
09-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Now all we need is the lead to go with it.

missionary5155
09-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Where can I get a 20 mike mike barrel to convince my sweet wife this is really a GREAT oppertunity ???

machinegun
09-04-2008, 02:59 PM
I always wondered what happened to the tons of brass that I have had to police from the ranges Uncle Sugar owns. Now I know.
I just turned in 12 lbs. of .45 ACP to cover my issue. Can you believe that Uncle Sugar now wants the same head stamp back now that was issued.
That means Lake City Match 7.62 issued cannot be replaced with .308 scrounged from the range
Federal Gold Match .45 ACP cannot be replaced with IMI, TZZ and the like.

And what does Uncle Sugar do with the premium brass turned back in to them? They auction it off at below the cost of scrap brass.

Ya gotta wonder.....

HATCH
09-04-2008, 03:04 PM
that isn't the mother load.
That is a baby..
This is the MOTHER LOAD
500K rounds of brass
http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=1914723&convertTo=USD

Boz330
09-04-2008, 03:12 PM
I always wondered what happened to the tons of brass that I have had to police from the ranges Uncle Sugar owns. Now I know.
I just turned in 12 lbs. of .45 ACP to cover my issue. Can you believe that Uncle Sugar now wants the same head stamp back now that was issued.
That means Lake City Match 7.62 issued cannot be replaced with .308 scrounged from the range
Federal Gold Match .45 ACP cannot be replaced with IMI, TZZ and the like.

And what does Uncle Sugar do with the premium brass turned back in to them? They auction it off at below the cost of scrap brass.

Ya gotta wonder.....

They check every single piece of brass? Sure has changed since I was a DI. Biggest problem we had was getting rid of the stuff we didn't shoot so we wouldn't have to do the paperwork. There is probably enough ammo buried on Ft Knox to take care of the next couple wars. That is if we went back to the 30cal Browning and the M-14.

Bob

mike in co
09-04-2008, 04:21 PM
ok guys...let me tell ya a story.....

i got in on one of theses auctions...material in the desert...as in overseas...guess where...lol

three containers full....us property on forgien soil.

we have been waiting months since our sucsessful bid...but the materail never moved back to the states........

fianally it looks like it is suppose to ship in three days......

and

some local head honcho "comandiers" the entire lot............

think that is the end.

it was 223/7,62 nato and 50 cal....... i was in for some of the 223/7.62, originator only wanted the 50 cal.

these are almost always to big($$$) for me, but i keep my eyes open.

mike in co

Ed Barrett
09-06-2008, 01:06 AM
We used to have the grunts segregate the brass from the steel M-1 clips then they all went to the dump. I sure wish I had a few of those 55 gal drums filled with M-1 clips.

Kraschenbirn
09-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Back in the late '50s-early '60s my Boy Scout troop had a deal with our local Nat'l Guard Battalion. We kept their range cleaned up...mowing, policing up brass, etc...and, in exchange, we were allowed the use of the range for gun safety/marksmanship training and shooting team practice. Every couple of months, we'd haul a 55-gal drum of '06 and .45ACP to the local scrap dealer...as I recall, we got something like $.02/lb. for it.

Bill