PDA

View Full Version : .375 Win Brass

alamogunr
09-04-2008, 09:25 AM
I just posted this on the Leverguns forum and thought that someone over here might be interested. Since I don't have this in hand, I didn't post it in the Swapping & Selling section.

Postby alamogunr on Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:05 am
I just saw that Midway has some .375 Win brass on closeout. I'm tempted to buy the 1000 pc lot and offer half to anyone who wants it. This will depend on how many I can get in a flat rate box. The 1000 qty is the best price by far. Five hundred pcs would work out to $136 plus shipping. I don't remember what flat rate charges are and until I try to fill one, I wouldn't know if 500 would fit. Breaking it down any further would dilute the savings considerably because of shipping charges. I'm not looking to make any $$ on this, only get some cheap brass for myself.

Any interest?
John

timkelley
09-04-2008, 09:50 AM
John, I would surely be interested if shipping didn't get out of hand. Can you find out approximate shipping?

No_1
09-04-2008, 11:25 AM
If it is the same stuff I purchased, it is factory stuff packaged in bags of 50. 10 bags of 50 (500) will fit in the flat rate priority mail container easy.

Robert

alamogunr
09-04-2008, 12:29 PM
John, I would surely be interested if shipping didn't get out of hand. Can you find out approximate shipping?

Tim, I went by the post office and got a couple of boxes. The smaller one ships for $9.80, and the larger one, 12.95. I don't know which one No.1 was referring to in his post. The only requirement is that the box close normally. This means no bulging flaps. Let me know.
John

Pepe Ray
09-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Packaged like that, they should 'stuff' easily. Calculate your cubic inches.
Ram the pile up against a wall with a large book, lay a book or mag over the top and you've got 2 of your 3 msmnts. With a little help and a couple more books you can get your 3rd dimension.
Slik huh?
Pepe Ray

timkelley
09-04-2008, 01:10 PM
John, Lets do it. If you would PM me a mailing address and an amount I'll get a check off posthaste.

timkelley
09-04-2008, 08:23 PM
John, Holler when, I got your PM.

garandsrus
09-04-2008, 11:46 PM
If you didn't already order the brass, you aren't going to be able to get it cheaply... The current price for 1000 pieces is $487 and it is no longer on clearance.

The price per 500 pieces is still on clearance, and is $215.47.

John

alamogunr
09-04-2008, 11:58 PM
If you didn't already order the brass, you aren't going to be able to get it cheaply... The current price for 1000 pieces is $487 and it is no longer on clearance.

The price per 500 pieces is still on clearance, and is $215.47.

John

I got the 1K pcs for $256.33 + shipping. Just got an email that the order has shipped. I thought it was a pretty good deal. The site said there were only 2 lots available. Someone must have bought the other one and now the price has reverted to regular price. Not sure that I understand the Midway thinking behind "clearance". Most of the time the prices are not that good.
John

Added 9/5:
I did not look at the listing for the brass that garandsrus referred to before replying. I just looked at it and except for price it reads exactly as it did when I ordered. In other words, 2 lots available. Makes you wonder if the 1st listing was a mistake or they just wanted to get rid of 2000 pcs. I guess you would have to be knowledgeable about marketing to understand.