PDA

View Full Version : Getting the lead out

crabo
09-03-2008, 09:47 PM
What is your favorite methods for getting that last little, tiny slivers of lead out of the grooves by the forcing cone. I heard a lot of people talk about chore boys, but I am not talking about on the lands, I talking about the tiny slivers that you can only see with a flashlight.

Any help appreciated. I have been using tetra gun solvent and brushes. My bores have been firelapped so they are fairly smooth. Does Kroil work in a situation like this if you let it set for a while?

Thanks,

imashooter2
09-03-2008, 10:25 PM
The Outers Foul Out. Better living through chemistry.

Bob Krack
09-04-2008, 01:50 AM
What is your favorite methods for getting that last little, tiny slivers of lead out of the grooves by the forcing cone. I heard a lot of people talk about chore boys, but I am not talking about on the lands, I talking about the tiny slivers that you can only see with a flashlight.
Any help appreciated. I have been using tetra gun solvent and brushes. My bores have been firelapped so they are fairly smooth. Does Kroil work in a situation like this if you let it set for a while?
Thanks,
Crabo,

I don't really know about any chemicals but have had nothing but good luck with "Chore Boys" and with Lewis Lead Remover (a brass/cooper screen on a cleaning rod of sorts).

Vic
Edit:Make that brass/copper not cooper- more fat fingers tonight! hehehe.

shotman
09-04-2008, 01:57 AM
i second the Lewis also try the Lyman moly bore coat/cream it works for me in a 44 mag shotman