PDA

View Full Version : Old Peters Shotgun Shells

Camper64
03-07-2018, 10:49 PM
Just browsing this thread and thought I'd try and post a picture.

Pressman
03-08-2018, 09:52 PM
And you were successful. Nice looking box, I love the old shot shell boxes for their decorative art work.'
Ken

Jkrem
10-14-2018, 04:11 PM
Interesting, I have a box just like this one with 25 paper shells. At one point a side panel must have come off the box, but I have kept these around. Does anyone collect these? I’m not sure how I would ship them.

too many things
10-14-2018, 07:30 PM
shipping by ups/fed no hasm charge
if shells are good about $20 or near.
most want box in good shape
let me know by pm I have an old box i may be interested
rick

beagle
10-18-2018, 07:56 PM
At one time way back, the Prison Department in NC equipped it's prison guards with Peter's Victor, low brass, 00 Buck loads. When the "carry" loads got pretty dog eared, he'd replace them with new shells. Naturally, he didn't trash them and brought them home and we'd take them down and use the shot for split shot after making the slot. Some were not too bad and I salvaged them for my woods roaming gun a single barreled 12 guage with the barrel cut back to minimum legal length with a nylon carry strap. Killed a lot of big snapping turtles with them as well as several feral dogs out of a pack that called the local dump home. That was a good load. I sure miss "big blue" shells and wish Remington would see fit to make some runs just for old times sake. That's a good find./beagle