PDA

View Full Version : Post count

nagantguy
03-06-2018, 04:27 PM
Not sure if this is the right place, but just now my post count went from just shy of 3000 to 2100 anyone else have this happen?

Omega
03-06-2018, 04:44 PM
Some old non casting threads get deleted every now and then.

starmac
03-06-2018, 05:20 PM
Da pit got em. lol

Outer Rondacker
03-06-2018, 05:24 PM
Ahhh. Not sure if that happened to me or not but I have looked at my count and posted several new posts to see it has not moved a days later.

Hum that would mean you talked a lot in none bullet related threads. 1k worth

JBinMN
03-06-2018, 05:35 PM
Don't care much about post count. It is the value of what one says, not the amount of posts, as far as I am concerned.

I'd just forget about it & move on to more interesting stuff to be found here.

I just recently decided not to post as much. Most don't pay much attention to what I add anyway, unless it is to argue. Or, criticize, without being constructive. Not worth my time.

We are all different in one way or the other. Our commonality here is supposed to be lead/alloys, casting/reloading, shooting & all the facets. Plenty to read.

Do as ya like though. & G'Luck!
:)

nagantguy
03-06-2018, 07:05 PM
To be clear was not complaining or picking at anyone just asking a question, I did loose a lot of post with the pit delete awhile back, just wondered that's all. Just noted that I was almost back to 3000 and than it said 2101. No worries

lefty o
03-06-2018, 07:08 PM
someone stole all your posts!!!

Hogtamer
03-06-2018, 07:27 PM
Think I saw some for sale in Swap and Sell!

nagantguy
03-06-2018, 09:04 PM
Probably the Russians, or the Lyibians .

MaryB
03-06-2018, 10:22 PM
Swap and the pit both purge all posts 30 days or older. So if you are active there your post count is going to fluctuate a lot.

dragon813gt
03-06-2018, 10:24 PM
The repeal of net neutrality claims its first victim.

coloraydo
03-06-2018, 10:53 PM
Mary, I was under the impression posting in the pit didn't add to your post count anyway. No?

Rick Hodges
03-07-2018, 07:33 AM
Mary, I was under the impression posting in the pit didn't add to your post count anyway. No?

That is true, but posts in other categories get moved to the pit, and those posts get removed from your total.

Bent Ramrod
03-07-2018, 11:17 AM
There was a guy here who got banned, somehow continued to post after he was banned, and had every thread he’d ever started expunged. A few of my posts, futile attempts to respond to his incoherent questions and stranger-than-fiction opinions, disappeared as well. No loss.

Outer Rondacker
03-07-2018, 01:34 PM
Post count does not mater much to me.

therealhitman
03-07-2018, 01:56 PM
I just recently decided not to post as much. Most don't pay much attention to what I add anyway, unless it is to argue. Or, criticize, without being constructive. Not worth my time.

Always hate to see another knowledgeable voice quieted even slightly. But I absolutely get it and don't blame you a bit.

MaryB
03-07-2018, 11:52 PM
They used to, not sure if we changed it or not... I know it was discussed having them not count.

waksupi
03-08-2018, 12:50 PM
I must confess I stole the posts. I needed the holes to recycle into loob grooves.

wills
03-08-2018, 01:49 PM
It is always good to have a few spare T posts laying around.

nagantguy
03-08-2018, 02:13 PM
Lube grooves and Russian collusion and T posts; I'm glad I'm able to amuse you guys and gals. You are probably all just helping to cover some grand conspiracy against me , my mail lady must be in on it as well , as my mail has been on the ground in the snow everyday this week and my new 9mm magazines are about 2 days past expected delivery date. I'll get to the bottom or this and have the last laugh!!!

Smoke4320
03-08-2018, 03:16 PM
When trying to make a corner and your 3 posts short you realize quickly post count matters :)

nagantguy
03-08-2018, 03:24 PM
Exactly that's why I POSTED!

Smoke4320
03-08-2018, 03:35 PM
So I am guessing at this point ... how many posts could a postman post if a postman could post posts

Smoke4320
03-08-2018, 03:38 PM
next Hardy Boys mystery .. the case of the missing posts

now I am done posting

nagantguy
03-08-2018, 04:44 PM
So much weird stuff has been happening around the homestead the last 2 weeks or so, stuff missing,broken, accounts hacked , getting mail and visitors for people that don't live here, just strange things and now my posts about missing posts are being mocked by posters posts, while odd items are being brought by the post man! Guess I'm going to have to man my post more diligently

Char-Gar
03-08-2018, 05:30 PM
So much weird stuff has been happening around the homestead the last 2 weeks or so, stuff missing,broken, accounts hacked , getting mail and visitors for people that don't live here, just strange things and now my posts about missing posts are being mocked by posters posts, while odd items are being brought by the post man! Guess I'm going to have to man my post more diligently

Hit up the Russians for a raise. They are not paying you enough.

rancher1913
03-08-2018, 05:30 PM
just don't go postal.

Smoke4320
03-08-2018, 05:46 PM
I don't believe anyone here is making fun "of" you. We are in fact having fun with the word games though
So now I go back to my regularly scheduled program post haste

HATCH
03-08-2018, 06:05 PM
I am not sure what happened to your posts.

I can tell you that posts in the PIT or S&S do not count when it comes to view-able post count

The board does routinely recount member's posts to verify if the count is accurate.
It can't do every member at the same time because there are over 40k without shutting the board down, so it does it in batches. Maybe your # came up and they recounted your posts.

Like I said, I am not sure.
I can tell you that only Admin's can edit your post count in the system

nagantguy
03-08-2018, 07:51 PM

I can tell you that posts in the PIT or S&S do not count when it comes to view-able post count

The board does routinely recount member's posts to verify if the count is accurate.
It can't do every member at the same time because there are over 40k without shutting the board down, so it does it in batches. Maybe your # came up and they recounted your posts.

I can tell you that only Admin's can edit your post count in the system

Thank you for the information; this has become a fun silly POST ,'I was just wondering, for the record I'm not mad or upset or trying to cause any trouble. It's no big deal I just wanted the theee boolits above my avatar so I'm eligible for the lube grove discount and any other privileges afforded to those who's posts stay posted once posted . ( for some reason this is getting addictivly funny)

waksupi
03-08-2018, 07:55 PM

Sometimes you SHOULD be paranoid. Just sayin'.

Omega
03-08-2018, 08:32 PM

I can tell you that only Admin's can edit your post count in the systemI always figured post count was automated, by the number of posts attributed to your username. The only way your post count would change is if an area stops counting, your post get deleted individually or in a thread that gets moved to an area that don't count, or deleted. Can a mod directly change a post count?

nagantguy
03-08-2018, 08:36 PM
Yes, I have been as of late, seriously weird stuff afoot, so today I had a meeting with the local postal inspector (for real not a post pun) cause mail and bill collectors looking for people who don't live here along with bank account and PayPal accounts hacked its beyond a coincidence, which I don't believe in anyhow

tommag
03-09-2018, 10:33 PM
You're just going to have to get longer posts and a bigger post pounder. Those post stealing scrappers might give up if your posts are driven deep enough.