PDA

View Full Version : is it factory or not?

uncle joe
09-03-2008, 04:38 PM
I have a colt 1911A1 that was made around 1932 (I think) and have only seen one other one like it. It has all the government markings on it if you know what I mean. but there are some other thigs that make me think it came from the same place that I saw the other one like it. The one I saw was in an article from the American Rifleman magazine, it was an article about the Army Marksmanship Unit and what they did to accurize these pistols. Does anyone here know where I can find more info about this gun?
I will post a pic of the stippled foregrip.

Echo
09-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Typical mod made by MTU folks. They use a little jack-hammer thingy to pound the strap. And they MUST put an insert into the magazine well to keep from pounding the front strap into the well and making things confusing, but interesting.
Makes for a better grip - my wad gun is finished this way - the gun grips back, and that's a good thing.

10-x
09-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Uncle Joe,
PM me and I'll look up the ser# in Harrisons book. Check out the trigger, hammer, sear, disconnector and main spring. most of the time these parts will be "fitted". Slide should have been "tightened" to the frame and naturally good sights.:drinks:

uncle joe
09-03-2008, 08:50 PM
PM Sent
the sights are bomar. All the other mods you mentioned have been done also.
Thanks for the help
JE