PDA

View Full Version : Problem With NOE Push Thru Sizer

alamogunr
02-28-2018, 01:54 PM
I purchased a basic setup for the NOE push thru sizers. Life intervened(wife health problems) and I never used it until now. When I tried to set it up according to the instructiions, I immediately ran into a problem. The instructions say to thread the die body into the press and tighten finger tight. Next insert a spacer sleeve and secure it with the top set screw. I can't access the top set screw because it doesn't clear the press. I would have to unscrew it at least a half turn.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? I thought I would ask here before calling NOE.

Neverhome
02-28-2018, 02:08 PM
I have that sizer. I assemble first and then thread into the press. It fits through with the spacer sleeve installed. The top of the sleeve is smaller in diameter than the threads of the press so it should just slip through.

alamogunr
02-28-2018, 02:14 PM
There I go again! No wonder my forehead is flat(from slapping). That wouldn't be the least inconvenient for me since I only size one specific boolit at a sitting. Removing the die body each time to put in a different spacer sleeve is almost too simple.

BK7saum
02-28-2018, 02:22 PM
I have only used mine a limited amount, but I do not tighten the set screw down on the spacer sleeve. I have not found it necessary

RCE1
02-28-2018, 03:15 PM
I just installed mine into a Hornady Lock N Load bushing. Works great even upside down, the way it's supposed to be threaded in.

full.lead.taco
02-28-2018, 03:40 PM
A quick tip for this would be to thread it in (upside down as shown) and then use a cheapy lee locking ring with the o-ring on the top side of the die (on the top of the press). That way, you can index the die body to have the set screws on the side and completely visible and accessible. The lee locking ring with the o-ring helps keep the tension and is still easy enough to remove without a wrench.

Click on photo to enlarge.

Grmps
02-28-2018, 04:36 PM
like fltaco,

I don't use the set screw for the (3 bullet Bushing Sleeves) unless I use it upside down and have a plastic tube slid on it to channel the boolits to a container.

You can screw the die body into the press until it clears the top of the press, insert and secure the bushing sleeve then finish snugging the die in.

rockshooter
03-01-2018, 01:17 AM
I don't use the set screw either for the bushing sleeves- I put the die body in from the bottom and just drop the sleeve in from the top.
Loren