PDA

View Full Version : CVA Frontier Carbine

Eddie2002
02-27-2018, 02:42 PM
Well I went and picked it up for $55.00 plus tax. Looks like it has never been shot and might of been a kit. The wood is proud around the nose cap and one side of the butt plate with the wedge plates sitting out a little. All the brass seems to of been finished with clear coat or maybe whatever was used to stain and finish the stock with so it all will need to get cleaned up. The stock looks like it never saw any sand paper and has a rough feel to it, a lot like the CVA Hawkins I refinished last year. The 24 inch barrel has been browned which is why I was drawn to this little guy in the first place and has a small buckhorn primitive rear sight. Need to replace the ramrod, the one it came with has some serious cross grain at the halfway mark and is an accident waiting to happen. Guess it was worth it just for the fun of giving it a refinish and clean up.215311215310 Bet it will be a good shooter if I ever get it out to the range.

3leggedturtle
02-27-2018, 02:53 PM
Sounds like a great deal, don’t think very many guys would have been able to pass it up either! Todd/3leg

Fly
02-27-2018, 03:10 PM
Man that's a steel.

Fly

mooman76
02-27-2018, 07:58 PM
I did one from a kit years ago. It's one of those that I wish you never got rid of. It was a real shooter too with both RBs and Lee REALs. The parts are worth more than you paid for it easy. When I showed up at a meet I got laughed at because of the size until I won two events with it. You did good.