PDA

View Full Version : Time Off

Johnch
02-26-2018, 10:45 PM
I have not been on in a while
As my LOL "Shrink" to me to take a break for a while from anything that causes Depression

As a lot of the time shooting is a big cause of Headakes and they cause the Depression

So it is almost spring and I have been casting 40 Cal bullets and egg sinkers for the spring Walleye run

Time to start reading what I have missed :bigsmyl2:

Also I am trying to figure out a few other problems .... but that is a whole other issue :cry:

So Hello from the Dark Side of time off

John

richhodg66
02-26-2018, 10:47 PM
Glad to have you back. I need to learn how to fish for walleyes. Only ever caught one, but they do have them in the rocky reservoirs here.

lightman
02-26-2018, 10:48 PM
Welcome Back! Hope whatever is going on in your life gets better!

D Crockett
02-26-2018, 11:28 PM
John I do hope and pray that what ever it is that is bothering you stops and you get back to what you love to do D Crockett

country gent
02-26-2018, 11:32 PM
I used to fish the run on the Maumee river near Buttonwood /Fort Meggs. Also Rock de buff. We used a lot of jigs and twister tails. Now my Wheel chair wont work in the cold water. LOL. Water temp should be getting close for them to start running. Wonder if the wardens are still as heavy during the run

garandsrus
02-26-2018, 11:34 PM
Give me a call (or PM) and I can meet you for a day of fishing. We aren’t that far apart!

Wayne Smith
02-27-2018, 08:33 AM
Jon, do you drink EOTH? Causes depression. SAD is Seasonal Affective Disorder, aka the 'winter blues' and light therapy works. Working on accepting what is frequently helps to alleviate depression.

MrWolf
02-27-2018, 09:21 AM
What is "EOTH?

jdfoxinc
02-27-2018, 10:29 AM
Ethanol, commonly known as booze. You know beer, whiskey, vodka, gin, wine, (or is that whine?).

Johnch
02-27-2018, 05:36 PM
Jon, do you drink EOTH? Causes depression. SAD is Seasonal Affective Disorder, aka the 'winter blues' and light therapy works. Working on accepting what is frequently helps to alleviate depression.

Some ... But not a lot
As I am on a NUMBER of pain pills and mixing the 2 is not a good idea
So I just drink a little and drink good stuff ...Like the bottle of Woodford Reserve that I have been working on for almost 2 years LOL

I have Trama Induced Migraines and other headackes from a 10' fall onto my forehead ( Should have died ...Doctors words ) .. but my hard skull saved me for the most part

John

Wayne Smith
03-02-2018, 08:38 AM
John, I'm not familiar with Trauma Induced Migraines, but if they are vasuclar headaches like other migraines (caused by a constriction of blood vessels) then Feverfew may be worth looking at. It has the effect of relieving smooth muscle (blood vessel) spasms and preventing constriction of blood vessels in the brain. It has been used for years in Europe. Canadian sources will have the parthenolide consistency controlled by law.

RED BEAR
03-04-2018, 12:38 PM
This site is not depressing to me the news on the other hand is. Hope you are better.