PDA

View Full Version : Got me a couple "new" guns

Razor
09-01-2008, 04:16 PM
WEEELLL... They're new to me...[smilie=1:
WIN 94 and REM Gamemaster 760..
Total cost so far = FREE...zip..Nada...:mrgreen:
The 'cost' will be for me to get a rusted '58 Remmie CB sixgun runninng...
Surprisingly, both bores cleaned up beautifully..Sharp and shiney...
The WIN seems to function well..
The REM. is either missing parts or the trigger group is froze up..:confused:
Just got them yesterday so ain't really had time to tear into them..

Razor:castmine:

Meatco1
09-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Let me guess, someone kept them under the bed?

Richard

PatMarlin
09-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Good fall projects.

madcaster
09-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Or outside in the barn on the Winchester,for coyotes and foxes?:takinWiz:

Charley
09-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Must be a thing with Remington 760s. I bought a rust covered 760 years back from a gunsmith buddy for $50 . Owner had stored it under some stairs against a carpeted wall, and had a water leak. Bore was excellent, outside would make you cry. Ended up bead blasting and phosphating it. Stripped the stock. and let it dry out for several months, then refinished it. It isn't a beauty, but shoots ok for a pump.

Razor
09-01-2008, 10:47 PM
The buddy who gave them to me, said his Dad had got them wet while hunting, and stuck them in a closet...TWO YEARS AGO !!!!:groner:

I t'ink mebbe I 'antique' the WIN (gooood start on it already) and restore the REM..??
Be done sometime nex' year...:roll:

:castmine:

C1PNR
09-02-2008, 06:14 PM
If you're like me, the outside isn't nearly as important as the bore, and it working properly.

I've got probably the ugliest '94 in 25-35 you could imagine. The frame was refinished at least twice, so there isn't a single sharp edge anywhere, and the barrel needs to be redone on the outside after doing duty as a fence post, although the bore is just fine.

But it shoots like a "house-a-fire" with my FLGC 117 grain Hornady reloads.

Just clean it up and go shootin'!;)

Razor
09-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Actually, my very first thought, after I cleaned the barrel, was to wonder how it would shoot...
I think I need to test fire it before stripping it down ..[smilie=1::Fire:
Yup !... The outside is secondary to the bore and internals...:drinks:

:castmine:

fourarmed
09-03-2008, 12:29 PM
Razor, the 94 can be bead- or sand-blasted, the receiver finished in the bake-on paint from Brownells, and the rest cold blued for a cheap finish. Brownell's Phospho blue does a great job on sandblasted steel. The alloy of that receiver doesn't take blue very well.