PDA

View Full Version : Midland Backpaker

woodbutcher
02-23-2018, 09:02 PM
[smilie=s: Hi all.Just read an article on the Shooting Times web site.The single shot shotgun will retail for about $149.95.Will have interchangeable BBLS in 3"12ga,20 ga,.410
and IIRC 16 ga.They said that in mid 18 they will be coming out with interchangeable bbls in .22 rf and some centerfire calibers.The SG BBLS will have interchange choke tubes that are compatible with the Beretta type choke tubes.Sounds interesting.What do you folks think?That`s all that I know about it.Thanks for looking and reading.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

richhodg66
02-23-2018, 09:06 PM
There was a thread about these in the single shots forum. I like the looks of them, a guy can never have two many single barrel shotguns, the darn things seem to multiply inexplicably around here, LOL.

Seriously, it would be great to have a 20 gauge and .357 magnum combo, I'd buy one in a heart beat.

Outpost75
02-23-2018, 09:22 PM
The guns are made in Turkey and follow the design of the Beretta folder. Should make a great platform to build a light walking gun in. .327 Fed. Or .357 with extra shotgun barrel.

woodbutcher
02-23-2018, 11:01 PM
[smilie=s:Hi guys thanks for the replies.Did`nt notice the previous post about this gun.If it needs to be moved to the single shot forum please do.
Leo

richhodg66
02-24-2018, 07:42 AM
No problem, I'm glad you brought it up. Seems like when H&R (NEF, H&R 1871, whatever) finally stopped making the Toppers, someone had to step up and I'm glad they put some thought into it.

Truthfully, a break open single shot shotgun is about the most versatile firearm you can own.

woodbutcher
02-24-2018, 09:41 PM
:D Don`t I know it.My first shotgun was a BO .410 of unknown heritage.Got it for free,because it had a broken firing pin.My Dad and I took it to Cramers lock and key shop in Ft Pierce Fl.Got a new one made for $5.00.
Dad and I sure had a lot of fun with that shotgun.Mostly at the local dump busting rats.
Leo