PDA

View Full Version : Awesome fun time!

44Blam
02-23-2018, 02:15 AM
A friend of mine came up to me earlier this week and asked if we could go shooting. Of course I said "hell yeah, when?".

We went this evening.

He hadn't shot a gun in about 20 years. I brought my Ruger Redhawk and my Henry both are 44 mag.

I prepared 80 trail boss rounds, 50 2400 rounds (but loaded kinda medium at 16 grn) and 50 stout rounds with 23.5 grn W296. All three loads were with a 240 grn boolit and the W296 was gas checked, the others were PB.

He was worried when I explained that some of these boolits were "hot rounds" and he didn't want to shoot the "hot rounds". So, I was shooting them. I like shooting full house W296 and seeing a big ball of fire out of my Redhawk... That's just me and I digress... After a while, he asked if he could shoot "one" of those... So we started with the Henry and went to the Redhawk.

He had a BLAST! He really liked the trailboss loads - he shot all of them I think I only shot about 6 of them - , but he kept loading 3 rounds in a row (in both guns): trailboss, 2400, 296. So, you could hear: pffffttt, bang, BAAMMM!!!

Anyway, I explained why I chose the loads and he was just marvelling in the whole thing.

It was a fun time for sure! It was also an interesting intro to someone that hadn't even thought about reloading let alone casting.

Bookworm
02-23-2018, 08:42 AM
Pfffttt, bang, BAAMMM !!!

That's hysterical.

Sounds like you've got a convert on your hands.

lightman
02-23-2018, 09:53 AM
Sounds like a fun time! Good on you for spending time with a new shooter.