PDA

View Full Version : melting pot advice

MakeMineA10mm
08-31-2008, 06:43 PM
Well, I've mentored a couple buddies in boolit casting, and in the process have sold/given away both of my melting pots. I toyed with the idea of making a pot, but the time and effort as well as expense for elements and thermostats, make buying a pot most worthwhile. I have a 100-lb pot mounted on my Ballisti-Cast machine, which runs on 220v and melts relatively quickly (probably a little faster than my 110v Lyman 20-lb pot).

I plan on getting the 90-lb Magma pot, unless someone has a better idea for a pot that I haven't heard of. (I need a big pot, as my casting sessions are usually long and with 6-cav or more moulds. I can go through lead in a hurry!)

My question is this: Will those folks with the 90-lb Magma pot tell me your usual wait times for the melt to get up to temperature? I'm looking for that info for both the 110v and 220v version to make a comparison...

MakeMineA10mm
09-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Buehler, Buehler, Buehler....

Anyone, Anyone, Anyone.....

:mrgreen:

Southern Son
09-04-2008, 06:30 AM
A bloke I shoot with bought a Magma in from the US, I don't know if it is the 90 or 45lb model, but I think that it is the 90lb (Both he and his wife shoot Cowboy Action and BPCR and he casts most of what they shoot). I have not heard from him in a while, but I do know that when I last saw him and we spoke about the Magma, he loved it, loved everything about it, the only thing he did not like was that he did not buy one much earlier.