PDA

View Full Version : Remington headed for bankruptcy

Leadmelter
02-17-2018, 08:36 PM
Article on MSN, indicates that Remington Arms is headed to bankruptcy court. Slow sales are the blame.
Leadmelter
MI

Strtspdlx
02-17-2018, 10:57 PM
I would've never seen that coming. With all the great products they make, how could it be so.

E_Nibz
02-18-2018, 12:30 PM
I’ve heard the quality has gone down in recent years. It’s almost like you have to buy one of their “specialty” 700s in order to get the same accuracy that was stock a few years ago. I can’t speak completely for it but I have seen some weird looking groups come from two of the same model manufactured in different years. Hopefully they don’t go the same route as colt.

Alcast
02-18-2018, 06:25 PM
I wonder who is going to buy them?Hope it stays in USA

country gent
02-18-2018, 06:39 PM
I believe with the moving of the factory, all the companies they have bought and the costs training they have over extended themselves. During the rush years they managed now with the slowed sales and complaints of poor quality they are struggling. New buildings ( and the new access laws) are expensive, moving equipment is a big cost also, New upgraded equipment is also an added expense. Production machines and the fixtures are a big cost. SOme new production machines may have 25-100 fixtures on them. I believe they just over extended themselves.

Jayhawkhuntclub
02-19-2018, 12:29 PM
How in the name of God has it taken them this long?!?!?!?
You have to be pretty old to remember when Remington had a reputation for quality. That company turned to ****, what 20 years ago?
From there legendary garbage 22 lr ammo to their 700s going off on their own to their product recalls to their poorly designed polymer pistols. One of my favorite reviews, is this by Clay Martin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3ECORCMUWM It's worth watching! Then there's what they've done to Marlin (ie Remlin). It's funny to compare them to a well run company like Ruger. It's just such a contrast. Oh well, hopefully this will force them to improve their products.

gpidaho
02-19-2018, 12:49 PM
I for one, have completely lost faith in Remington-Marlin. I have several older models of each that are fine rifles and among my best shooters. The last three of their products I've purchased have been complete PsOS. The wheels have fell off over there and I firmly believe that bankruptcy is just what is needed to get Remington away from the current controlling financial group. Gp

Taterhead
02-22-2018, 01:15 AM
Shooting my 1977 model 700 side-by-side with my model 700 purchased last summer... what a difference. Fit/finish. Smoothness of the action. Groups. Everything. Still, I do like the new rifle, but the 1977 is a sweetheart.