PDA

View Full Version : shot shell mould

adam38654
08-31-2008, 03:16 AM
I am looking for some round ball shot moulds in BB or BBB bird shot, #4 Buck,00 BUCK, and 000 BUCK.

A 00 buck shot mould that cast enough for at least one 2 3/4 12g at once would be nice.

Bob Krack
08-31-2008, 03:26 AM
I am looking for some round ball shot moulds in BB or BBB bird shot, #4 Buck,00 BUCK, and 000 BUCK.

A 00 buck shot mould that cast enough for at least one 2 3/4 12g at once would be nice.

If ya look in the "Casting for Shotguns" thread I think you will find a sinker mold that will likely do what ya want and there will be several other options.

Vic

Jim
08-31-2008, 07:27 AM
If I recall correctly, there's 9 balls of 00B in a 12 gauge, 2 3/4" shell. I can't imagine where you'd find a mold with that many cavities.

testhop
08-31-2008, 08:05 AM
therere backpowder moulds in
32=310+-
36 =350
40cal=395 400 405 if you look at the mould charts you can find some that will do i have a 40 cal even up to 410 (BIG MISTAKE) for a 40 cal target gun the tc didnt like itthe most cavy i have seen is a 2 holer

Johnch
08-31-2008, 08:20 AM
I got one of Evil Bay

Look at http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=32075

skiesunlimited , is the guy I bought mine from posted in that thread

You might contact him and get what you need

The mould I got , makes pretty good OO buck

Tested my shot made from range lead , on a old frig

Hate to have been inside the frig

John

MakeMineA10mm
08-31-2008, 06:13 PM
I've heard both good and bad about these, but they are there... Fairly inexpensive, and they claim others use them for buckshot. What I've heard about them is that they don't cast perfectly round spheres, but I've also heard some fellas tumble them for a while to get them to round-up and get rid of the sprue nib.

http://www.do-itmolds.com/prodmolds.aspx?c=88

beagle
08-31-2008, 09:26 PM
Saeco makes special order 4 cav buckshot moulds but they're pricey..../beagle

MakeMineA10mm
09-01-2008, 11:25 AM
I've spoken to some folks at Lee about doing, say, a 10-cavity round ball mould. They say that they make their RB moulds with a different machine that cannot do bigger than a 2-cav. mould block. I wonder why they couldn't set up their custom mould machine to just machine a perfect sphere of whatever caliber we would want to order??

Still, with the Do-It moulds available and so similar in price to Lee, but with even more cavities, it probably isn't worth it, unless we want REALLY, REALLY perfectly round balls right out of the mould. (Say, like if a guy doesn't have a tumbler...)

colbyjack
09-01-2008, 01:31 PM
i may have a couple round ball moulds single cavity, ill have to look if your interested.... -chris

snuffy
09-01-2008, 05:38 PM
I've spoken to some folks at Lee about doing, say, a 10-cavity round ball mould. They say that they make their RB moulds with a different machine that cannot do bigger than a 2-cav. mould block. I wonder why they couldn't set up their custom mould machine to just machine a perfect sphere of whatever caliber we would want to order??

That's probably because a lee RB mold is cut, then the cavities are forced around a solid carbide ball the make the cavity surface smooth and very round. The press used most likely won't work on a mold bloc bigger than a 2 cavity.

Johnch
09-01-2008, 06:33 PM
That's probably because a lee RB mold is cut, then the cavities are forced around a solid carbide ball the make the cavity surface smooth and very round. The press used most likely won't work on a mold bloc bigger than a 2 cavity.

Errrr I believe they used to make a 8 or 10 cavity buch shot/ round ball mould , .310 di if my memory is corect

Maybe they just junked or sold the BIG press needed to make that size round ball moulds

John