PDA

View Full Version : Hensly & Gibbs - I Lucked Out Today!!!

The Dust Collector
08-30-2008, 04:22 PM
There was a small gunshow today at Jefferson, Wisconsin. Seeing it is a major holiday this weekend I didn't expect to much and I was right.
Many empty tables and much of nothing.
The only thing that was worth buying there, in my opinion, I bought.
I found a H&G 4 cavity mould, 45 cal SWC, 200 grain BB. It's H&G's 68 BB and It's brand spanking new! The mould came with new handles as well. I gave
$115 for it and consider myself very fortunate indeed.
Now to cast up a bunch and give them a good try out! [smilie=1:

clintsfolly
08-30-2008, 06:55 PM
you will luv that mould!! clint

xr650
08-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Ya done good Dust. :drinks:

hammerhead357
08-30-2008, 09:51 PM
you did good and will enjoy that mould as long as you have it.. I have several H & G moulds and they are a joy to use. Treat them well ya can't get anymore from H & G....Wes

EDK
08-30-2008, 11:06 PM
I just lucked into a four cavity H&G #50 mould with handles on eBAY...the guy got my money order Thursday and hopefully shipped it Friday. I bought it cheap because I wanted a set of handles if I order a BALLISTI-CAST mould.

I've had a six cavity H&G 68 since sometime in the late 70s. It shot well in assorted Colts, S&W revolvers and 645 S&W autos. I had it lapped out a bit larger for the 625 revolvers. Use the moon clips for the revolver and don't waste your time trying to get the loads adjusted so they will work in the revolver without the moon clips...you can drive yourself crazier to no avail!

There are some buys out there lately. A lot of moulds, etc are going up on auctions...nice toys sometimes at fire sale prices.

Congratulations on an excellent mould

.:Fire::cbpour::redneck:

Dale53
08-31-2008, 12:00 AM
A four cavity H&G #68 is arguably the best bullet of all for the .45 ACP. I missed out on a #68 mould but did come up with the H&G 4 cavity #130. It is the best casting bullet mould I have owned (have upwards of 70 bullet moulds). In my guns, the #130 works perfectly - both accurate and feeds well in MY autos and also does yeoman work in my 625's. However, I would still love to have a 4 cavity #68....

Dale53