PDA

View Full Version : Lbt ??

porthos
02-10-2018, 01:35 PM
anyone dealt with them lately. i placed a small order last week. didn't get any recognition of the order in my e-mail; called by phone yesterday. the response was that the voice mailbox is full. e-mailed them yesterday with no response. i like their lube and flux. are they still around??

475AR
02-10-2018, 01:40 PM
anyone dealt with them lately. i placed a small order last week. didn't get any recognition of the order in my e-mail; called by phone yesterday. the response was that the voice mailbox is full. e-mailed them yesterday with no response. i like their lube and flux. are they still around??

I got a mold ordered from Veral, he is a 1 man shop and is in his late 70's if I rember correctly. He does take a bit of time but his molds are worth the wait.

JonB_in_Glencoe
02-10-2018, 04:25 PM
I'd give it a couple weeks, if you haven't heard anything in that time, then I'd try calling on a weekday during lunchtime.

7br
02-17-2018, 07:22 AM
I ordered a couple of sprue hold downs and it took three weeks or so.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hardcast416taylor
02-17-2018, 10:29 AM
It`s like I tell people about things I am making for them. "In my advanced years the more I am asked about when it will be done the slower I work on it"!Robert

Jack Stanley
02-17-2018, 11:20 PM
I got a lube order from him recently , it came in about the time I would expect .

Jack

outdoorfan
02-17-2018, 11:28 PM
I emailed Veral a few days ago, and I heard back from him yesterday.

mart
03-06-2018, 02:09 AM
I hope he's okay. I ordered four 4 cavity molds five months ago. A month ago he said they were shipped but they have not arrived and I cannot get an answer by either phone or email nor can I get a tracking number which he said he'd provide. I've ordered ten molds from him in the last two years and been pleased with the molds and the turn around time. This time, not so thrilled with the lack of communication and the fact the molds haven't arrived after claiming they were shipped.

CJR
03-06-2018, 12:17 PM
I've ordered a number of LBT moulds from Veral over the years. I typically contact him to see how busy he is, then order the moulds. I don't expect him to send me tracking numbers, etc, when he's cranking out moulds. Veral makes outstanding moulds so I just patiently wait for them to arrive.

Best regards,

CJR

mart
03-06-2018, 12:34 PM
I'd have to count but I have around 15 of his molds and ordered my first ones 25+ years ago. My concern isn't so much the time but the fact he said the molds were shipped and a month later they haven't arrived. If I had a tracking number on the shipment I could get with the PO to see where they might be. I suspect he either didn't ship them or hasn't made them yet. I'm okay with it if he's so busy he hasn't gotten to them yet but according to his last email on February 6th they were done and shipped.

Taterhead
03-06-2018, 06:23 PM
Email has been a good way for me to connect with Veral, although it has been about a year since I made contact. If emailing, be sure to leave your number. He called me back to respond to my email question one of the times.

mart
03-06-2018, 10:06 PM
He has my phone number as well. He's probably sick of hearing from me asking about the tracking number and my missing molds.

Taterhead
03-10-2018, 01:57 AM
Any updates on this? I was thinking about placing an order. Hopefully all is well, and the beautiful molds have arrived.

porthos
03-10-2018, 10:14 AM
i got my "stuff" last week . everything is OK.

mart
03-10-2018, 01:15 PM
Any updates on this? I was thinking about placing an order. Hopefully all is well, and the beautiful molds have arrived.

No updates. I'm beginning to think the order is lost and Veral is sick of hearing from me. I made the order in October, was told he was working on my molds in December. Was told February 6th that the molds had shipped and to date have not received them. I ordered four molds, all four cavity, and 30 sticks of soft blue. At $175 a mold you can see I have a significant amount invested and why I might be a bit concerned under the circumstances. Veral builds great molds, the best in the business as far as I'm concerned, but at this point I am beginning to think he's just sick of hearing from me as the last four emails have gone unanswered (I've checked my spam folder) and he hasn't answered or returned my two phone calls.

porthos
03-12-2018, 01:30 PM
try sending him a self adressed stamped envelop with your concerns. might get a quicker response.