PDA

View Full Version : It Always Happens

Thin Man
02-09-2018, 06:23 AM
This has happened before, more than once, and now it happens again. This weekend SWMBO and I will be away from home for the weed-end. I've been prowling the auction sites and have spotted two molds that have my interest. Both of these molds will time out on their auctions when it would be impossible for me to log in on the home computer to bid on them. SWMBO has a smart phone but is not set up for these auction sites. I'm an old phart with a flip phone, not even sure I could learn to use a smart phone. So, here we go again. One time previously I got our oldest daughter to bid for me while I was on the phone with her from far, far away. That went well. This time, probably not. I have a general interest in the molds but not a burning passion to own them. I'd like to watch them up until the last minutes of their auctions to see if I would even bid but that is not possible this time. It just haunts me that this can be such a repeated event. Get away for a day or three and miss the desirable molds, or stay in the cave and find nothing to bid on. What's a guy to do? Perhaps I could improve my karma by planning a get-away next month, only to cancel it at the last minute. Wonder how that would work out. Does anyone else in here have a similar string of "awww, rats" events in their life? Let's hear about, please, so I won't feel so lonesome in this funk I'm in now.

lightman
02-09-2018, 08:13 AM
I've often complained to my Wife that anytime I make plans everything starts happening on that date! Anyone can learn to use a smart phone. I'm living proof that that is true! It will also help you that your Wife already has one and can show you some things about it. Think about it, they are nice to have around. They usually have a good quality camera in them and the GPS is nice to have. I use a couple of weather apps also.

jcren
02-09-2018, 08:44 AM
Seems like any time I "need" something and am actively looking for it, I find it about 3 minutes after it sells for a great bargin. My luck runneth dry.

Petrol & Powder
02-09-2018, 09:05 AM
What's more important to you?

A happy wife or another mold?

Calamity Jake
02-09-2018, 10:56 AM
Change your bid to the max that you will pay for each mold.
When the auction ends if the high bid does not pass your max then
You have won.

FISH4BUGS
02-09-2018, 11:49 AM
What's more important to you?
A happy wife or another mold?
Let me think about that......I'll get back to you.:razz:

FISH4BUGS
02-09-2018, 11:50 AM
Change your bid to the max that you will pay for each mold.
When the auction ends if the high bid does not pass your max then
You have won.

What he said ^^^^^

Echo
02-09-2018, 12:21 PM
What he said ^^^^^

What he said 6 ^ ^ ^ ^

Wayne Smith
02-09-2018, 09:27 PM
That's what I do. Post my maximum bid and forget it. If I win, so much the better. If not, I at least avoided the auction addiction.

shooterg
02-10-2018, 12:58 PM
Or take the maximum you might spend and buy ONE brand new mold you "need" from a vendor here !

William Yanda
02-10-2018, 01:15 PM
Or take the maximum you might spend and buy ONE brand new mold you "need" from a vendor here !

What a bunch of enablers!