PDA

View Full Version : Wet Tumbling

OldCowboy
02-08-2018, 09:44 PM
Is anyone wet tumbling in a vibratory tumbler like the Lyman Turbo 1200?

sawinredneck
02-08-2018, 10:43 PM
I haven’t tried it yet, I’ve heard it works OK but everything I’ve read says to use different sized media. I guess the difference in sizes keeps it from just setting on the bottom.

lightman
02-09-2018, 08:23 AM
I have not tried that. None of the vibratory tumblers that I have seen have bowels that will not leak. I'm not familiar with the Lyman though.

USSR
02-09-2018, 08:59 PM
Won't work. All your SS pins will lay at the bottom of the bowl and do nothing. You need a rotary tumbler for wet tumbling.

Don

Drew P
02-10-2018, 11:57 AM
What if you don’t care about the pins? I gave up on the pins in my rotary tumbler and couldn’t be happier. Makes life way easier and nobody has called me out for sooty case insides at the range yet.

USSR
02-10-2018, 03:21 PM
What if you don’t care about the pins? I gave up on the pins in my rotary tumbler and couldn’t be happier. Makes life way easier and nobody has called me out for sooty case insides at the range yet.

Well, then you can pretty much accomplish the same thing by placing your brass in a bucket with the wet tumbling solution. The beauty of wet tumbling is the clean exterior, interior and primer pocket.

Don