PDA

View Full Version : saeco lubricator question

porthos
02-07-2018, 07:37 PM
i'm changing over to a saeco sizer/lubricator and have a question. the lube reservoir is larger in diameter (by about .125) than rcbs and lyman. is it ok if i insert 1.00 in. lube sticks in the reservoir and " squish" it down with a wooden dowel. it seems that the saeco will hold 2 lube sticks??

durant7
02-07-2018, 11:38 PM
Smoosh away. Just toss in one stick and don't bother trying to squeeze in a second stick. The juice is not worth the squeeze! That is what I find with mine.

PbHurler
02-08-2018, 08:00 AM
1" sticks will work fine in the Saeco. I'd suggest either melting your lube & pouring it in or using solid lube sticks as opposed to the sticks with the hole down the center (as are used in the RCBS & Lyman) You'll get less air entrainment that way; less lube pharts (at least I do)

Calamity Jake
02-08-2018, 01:13 PM
^^^^Pretty much what the others have said, just put the lube stick in and replace the plunger.
When I had my Saeco sizer I used a stick and a half when the sizer was empty, hole or no hole made no difference.
I have several Saeco size dies for sale that did not go with the sizer when I sold it. If your interested.

porthos
02-08-2018, 08:45 PM
calamity jake: check your PM