PDA

View Full Version : ok Ken heres my homework! For everyone else it was a test

runfiveslittlegirl
08-28-2008, 08:20 PM
All these guns are 765 Argentines, but the they have different barrel lengths.

Rifle #1: 22" Bolt face to end to BBL

Rifle #2: 24" Bolt face to end of BBL

Rifle #3: 29" Bolt face to end of BBL

Load #1: 33.5 grains I 4895 fed. 210 180grain cast jacket.
Load #2: 34.5 grains I 4895 fed. 210 180grain cast jacket.

Test #1 Rifle #1 22" 33.5grain I 4895 fed. 210

1st ten shots no filler
Velocity average: 1873
Standard deviation: 58
Extreme speed: 158
2nd test with filler
Velocity average: 1965
Standard deviation: 25
Extreme speed: 73

Rifle #2 24" barrel
33.5grain I-4895 Fed. 210
Velocity average: 2019
Standard Deviation: 24
Extreme speed: 80

Rifle #3 29" barrel
33.5grain I-4895 Fed. 210
Velocity average: 2135
Standard Deviation: 38
Extreme speed: 95

The 765 argentine with the 22" barrel and 33.5grains of powder that has no filler has a slower average than the 33.5 grain with filler.
33.5grain average in gun #1 was 1965, gun #2 2019, and gun #3's which was 2135. The smallest average was gun #1 which also had the shortest barrel. The fastest velocity belonged to gun #3 with the longest barrel.
Test number one for gun #2's average was 2019 but if you add just one grain of powder more its average picks up to 2037. Taking the Standard deviation from 58 to 50.
After that the cronograph no longer worked, because the sun was going down and there was not enough light. But with the numbers me and my dad collected. The powder going up one grain of powder picked up twenty feet per second.

Thanks for reading! Anyway thanks for all you guys have taught me! =)

docone31
08-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Go girl, now if I could get my wife to talk that language.
Good for you.
I am not that meticulous. I am happy if I can hit the black.

runfiveslittlegirl
08-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Lol but then theres my dad who wants it to be in groups anywhere on the paper! Lol but I know he just wants me to do better than I have been doing.

docone31
08-28-2008, 09:21 PM
Good for him!!!
That is real shooting.
My wife did it by accident with her G63 Swede.
We were sighting it in, she is from La-la Land, Los Angeles, I would tell her to take the scope up five clicks, she would go down five, I would turn it up five, she would fire and make an hole.
This went on all day! She made a single 1" hole! I had no idea untill she fired the last round and the berm slid down! I did not even bother to check the target up untill that point. I was watching where the fliers might have gone.
We spent hours with her hitting one big hole.
The biggest thing from that day, aside from me reloading for two months from her one day of shooting, is she is now absolutely not afraid of shooting.
She got me a turret press to replace the hand press I used, I got her a Taurus PT1911. She is now a good shot, enjoys it, is really safe to be around, and she enjoys keeping her G63, and PT1911, clean, protected, and treats it with care.
Her jewelery making improved as she went more hands on.
So, you go Girl, you and your Dad are on the right track.
Just wait untill you paper patch for the first time.

colbyjack
08-29-2008, 08:39 AM
looks like you know how to run the chronny now. nice write up, keep up the good work. -chris

Buckshot
08-31-2008, 01:14 AM
.............Good work Sis. There's a lot more work, time and energy tied up in what you did then what's shown in the post and we appreciate it. The load data and detail you collected is also valuable in regards to cartridges of similar capacities, taking into account bore ID's. The more data you list in your load info (loaded round OAL, crimp or not/roll or taper, etc) the farther ahead you'll be when it's time for the next test.

................Buckshot

runfiverun
08-31-2008, 04:49 PM
i am actually surprised nobody has picked up on this boolit.
as it is actually a piece of tubing 312 in size with a cast core and nose.
that has been canellured and atight lee crimp applied to it.
i have been working on this for near a year now, and hopefully the final test will be done this fall.
i have actually fired over 1500 of these through development and testing and if i recall
it was buckshot,or versifier that gave me the canellure idea.
the first few shot were with a string and some sand bags.
we now are shooting 1" groups at 100 yds with these.
but this was a learning experience for dawn, as far as bore ratios and why we use fillers.
i wish we could have finished the tests that day as we will have to wait 2 weeks for me to be home again to finish the final 10 shots.