PDA

View Full Version : Man hunt

starmac
01-30-2018, 08:59 PM
Well I received a call from a friend that there was some guy carrying guns and acting strange in my immediate neighborhood. Apparently they had seen something about it on social media.
An hour or so later my wife called and said there was a serious manhunt going on for him, apparently he had shot someone, hmmm I am thinking everybody I know has firearms how long can this guy last. It is 25 below today, so probably not going to hang outside for too long.
Now I hear he has been shot, no details yet on who shot him, but is sounds as if the excitement is over with.

richhodg66
01-30-2018, 10:08 PM
I hope it was justified, don't have a lot of detail. Just carrying a gun around isn't a crime, and acting strangely can be subjective.

I bought one of my favorite rifles in Alaska at a gun show. Marlin .336A in .35 Remington, about 1950 manufacture. I had seen it that Saturday and mulled it over for a night. That Sunday we dedicated my oldest son who was a new born at church, and left from there to go back to the gun show, bought the rifle then walked out, wife had to park a long way. It would sure seem strange to many to see a guy in a nice business type suit walking through the busy streets of a big city with a rifle, especially in the dead of Winter in Alaska, but nobody batted an eye. Guess I wasn't strange enough to get anybody upset.

Most likely this guy was acting strange enough to seem dangerous. Might be some mental health issues, or he may have been on the run for something bad, I just worry when I hear about something like this that the fearfulness which has become normal anymore might have gone bad. Let us know what the situation was as details become available.

starmac
01-30-2018, 10:48 PM
Fromm what I understand he shot at least one person, just carrying a gun here goes unnoticed for the most part, heck acting strange is somewhat normal, he must have been out of sorts to have drawn attention.

starmac
01-30-2018, 10:54 PM
Well now according to news, he was not shot, but arrested for shooting someone at a residence before taking off on foot.

waksupi
01-31-2018, 01:41 AM
It must be that time of year. A week ago Monday, there was a manhunt here on this road. A druggie from a town 100 miles west stole a pickup, drove down here to rob his dad's place of money and guns.
He drove up this road, and got stuck about five miles in, as far as the loggers had plowed it. Blocked the road, and the loggers called it in. Once the sheriff had the plate number, they knew he was who they were looking for.
He had bailed out when he got stuck, and headed down the side of the mountain. I've been on that mountainside in the summer, and it is a steep, brushy, treacherous slope to try and travel on in good weather, let alone four feet of snow.
I became aware of what was happening by the helicopters flying the area searching for him. Night time, but these guys have infrared in the choppers.
Anyway, this genius had lost both shoes shortly after leaving the pickup. When the posse got him located, he was calling for help. Frostbite and hypothermia, go figure. They caught him about two miles from my cabin.
I don't know why this road attracts bad types. If you remember the Slutty kidnapping out of Nebraska some years ago, I saw the kidnapper and victim drive by me twice. I had drove as far up the road as it was cleared, and was hunting snowshoe hare on the way back down the road. I thought it strange someone would even consider driving a car up that road in the winter. No accounting for flatlanders. I didn't realize who they were of course. I was carrying a rifle, and would have stopped the car right there.
It turned out later that evening he was cornered at a summer cabin down on the lake, and the girl was rescued unharmed.

Tom W.
01-31-2018, 02:02 AM
Blue moon, a super moon, and a lunar eclipse will all be tomorrow night..... and we know how full moons affect people...

starmac
01-31-2018, 02:07 AM
I do not know the circumstances, it could be who ever he shot needed shooting.

Goatwhiskers
01-31-2018, 08:49 AM
Starmac, in the great state of Texas "He needed shootin' " is considered to be an acceptable courtroom defense. GW

starmac
01-31-2018, 03:20 PM
Goatwhiskers, it should be everywhere, as far as I am concerned. lol

RED BEAR
02-01-2018, 10:25 PM
Been known to be a little strange myself. But try not to go to church and carry a gun on same day. Don't want to be labelled a cult. My mistake that was the last president.