PDA

View Full Version : Lee - plain base nose pour?

Bob Krack
08-26-2008, 09:53 PM
I have been wanting to ask if a plain base nose pour mould was available in .30, .357, .44, or .45. My thoughts being that nose pour moulds might very well result in a much more uniform base. Or is the technical problems in nose pour moulds manufacture a problem? Not being smarty, I really do not know.

With Lee now being affiliated with us, how to ask?

I understand Lee does not see the market in paper patch moulds, but I would certainly think group buys would be addressed (even though the demand might not allow the volume for any savings), but so what - pay the additional fee for what is not very readily available elsewhere?

Vic

beagle
08-26-2008, 10:10 PM
No big mystery to nose pour moulds. Us casters have gotten use to base pours and so have the industry that makes them. Many of the custom guys will make them and yes, they're suppose to be more accurate because of the "perfect" base.

In fact, it's fairly easy to convert a base pour to a nose pour. Takes a good machinist with some tools is all. The biggest obstacle is the relocation of one of the alignment pins./beagle