PDA

View Full Version : Calling all teachers

crabo
08-26-2008, 07:44 PM
There is an interesting discussion going on in Humor and Off Topic. I would like to hear from some other teachers on the subject of whether or not teachers should be allowed to carry concealed at school.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=35253

crabo
08-27-2008, 12:34 AM
Please add to the discussion already in progress. I do not want to start a similer thread.

hiram
08-27-2008, 03:58 PM
I retired 7/1/08 from teaching. Thirty years in a school in Brooklyn, NY. A high school on Ocean Parkway, that's right outside Coney Island. There has never been a situation in the school where a handgun would have solved anything. But I do remember a cop who did some subbing for some extra pocket money. Usually, substitues have their b___s broken by the kids because the kids know the sub is not a regular faculty member. He carried a piece tucked in the back of his belt. He was writing on the board one day, and when he reached up, his sport jacket was pulled up revealing the grip. He had no trouble with the students. A student told the chairman about the handgun, the chairman asked the sub to leave the gun home on sub days. The sub stopped coming in.