PDA

View Full Version : Another Raider is Home now

nekshot
01-15-2018, 02:17 PM
My uncle who was with the original Raiders from the beginning past away yesterday. He will be greatly missed by all of us as he represented everything that is great to be an "American". I firmly believe he survived because of a praying mother and his own faith in God. He often would recount how he would pray before every battle that the Lord would help him to be a good soldier what ever the outcome for him and to help his parents and siblings have a better tomorrow. He is 96 and my mother(his sister) will be 100 on valentines day. Fortunately he got his memoirs printed in His book Bloody Ridge and Beyond, by Marlin Groft so future generations can hopefully realize what a good nation we have and is worth fighting for so the future has a free nation. My son wanted to join the Navy and be on the first responders that bring the wounded back out of the battle. He was denied because of a heart condition they found he has. He was really dejected at first but He survived. He has a medical bent in his makeup. He told me that He could have no higher calling than to help the injured be brought back to safety. Really made me feel proud because he has the same tough guy behind his smile as his great uncle did. God bless the veterans!

lefty o
01-15-2018, 02:38 PM
sorry to hear he has passed, have read his book several times.

rdwarrior
01-15-2018, 03:11 PM
Sorry for your loss - but he is in a good place now looking down on his family.

rl69
01-15-2018, 07:19 PM
Rip..

DCP
01-15-2018, 07:54 PM
Many gave all
All gave some

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

For our tomorrow
They gave their today

Bzcraig
01-15-2018, 11:23 PM
Thanks for sharing. I'm sure he received special blessings at his home coming.

knifemaker
01-16-2018, 12:03 AM
Thanks for sharing. Another of the "greatest generation" has passed on, but never forgotten.

texasnative46
01-16-2018, 12:10 AM
nekshot,

Our most sincere condolences to you & the rest of his family.

He has been promoted to ETERNAL GLORY.

yours, sincerely, Darla & tex

Eddie Southgate
01-16-2018, 12:21 AM
Sorry for your loss , your family will be in my prayers .

Eddie

nicholst55
01-16-2018, 01:32 AM
Rest assured, your uncle has reported to guard the streets of heaven with his fellow Marines. We are diminished as a nation by his loss. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

MrWolf
01-16-2018, 10:08 AM
Sorry for your loss. Prayers sent.

Hardcast416taylor
01-16-2018, 04:30 PM
As the ragged, dirty and bloodied solider trudged up to the Pearly Gates and stood before Saint Peter he was asked his name and where he was coming from. He came to as straight of attention as possible as replied "Just another Marine reporting for duty Sir as I`ve served my time in Hell".Robert

lightman
01-17-2018, 09:29 AM
Condolences for your loss. They truly were the Greatest Generation! RIP Sir!

jeepyj
01-17-2018, 09:38 AM
My deepest condolences to your entire family and thank you for sharing. - Tim