PDA

View Full Version : Fixing Lee 4-20 pot

splotch
01-13-2018, 08:53 PM
My lee pot started to leak badly (pouring out) and I couldn't figure out why - I cleaned it, took it apart decided to buy a new spout rod and handle but it still poured out. The only way I could stop it was to screw the rod in as tight as it would go. Then I got to looking at it, and the spout was tipped forward. I thought I had nothing to loose so a bent it back and that fixed the problem perfectly. Now if I could only figure out what caused it to bend any ideas?

rdwarrior
01-13-2018, 11:53 PM
Glad you were able to find the problem and fix it. I bought a well used Lee pot a couple weeks ago and ordered some spare parts (needle rod, spout etc) from Lee just in case I need to replace those anytime soon

rsrocket1
01-14-2018, 12:42 AM
A lot of the pot parts are made of metal that can bend pretty easily. Maybe the spout was bumped while moving it.

stubshaft
01-14-2018, 03:10 AM
You can buy the inner pot liner from Lee. I usually convert them to ladle pour with a solid pot.

Chris
01-15-2018, 10:58 PM
I dropped some fishing weights into my pot once and it did something very similar. Sometimes stuff falls in as it melts as well.