PDA

View Full Version : more lee questions

44minimum
08-25-2008, 01:58 PM
Looks like I found a sucker, i mean a fellow reloader to purchase my Lyman T MAG so I shall indeed be getting a lee classic turret press. Now for the accessories to turn it into a semi progressive apparatus -
1. autodisk or pro autodisk? Any real advantages for the pro version? Midway's web site says the pro version is for the progressives.
2. Safety prime system -do I need to order that little bracket? Website is a little confusing on that.
3. Autodisk riser -seems like I Gotta have it
4. Extra turret head

Any thing here I am leaving out or will I be good to go as soon as I get this?

Old Ironsights
08-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Pro autodisk is definately better.

The Pro allows you to "turn off" the powder flow when you want to change powders. The "original" does not have this option.

Heavy lead
08-25-2008, 02:16 PM
Looks like I found a sucker, i mean a fellow reloader to purchase my Lyman T MAG so I shall indeed be getting a lee classic turret press. Now for the accessories to turn it into a semi progressive apparatus -
1. autodisk or pro autodisk? Any real advantages for the pro version? Midway's web site says the pro version is for the progressives.
2. Safety prime system -do I need to order that little bracket? Website is a little confusing on that.
3. Autodisk riser -seems like I Gotta have it
4. Extra turret head

Any thing here I am leaving out or will I be good to go as soon as I get this?

1. Pro, Pro, Pro autodisk, IMO 10 times the measure, won't go into details, just think Pro, I've had both, if you saw both you'd understand.
2. Yes if you want to use the safety prime system yes.
3. Yes if you want to use the safety prime system, or other brands of dies besides Lee, although I use one without one with RCBS dies, but I digress.
4. These are like guns, can't ever have too many. Get extra when they're on sale, you never know when you'll add a caliber.
WELCOME TO THE OTHER SIDE, BEST PRESS GOING IMO

DLCTEX
08-25-2008, 03:36 PM
+1 on what Heavy lead said. Get a Turret for each caliber you load, so once dies are set you never have to adjust unless you change components. DALE

44minimum
08-25-2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the input dudes, I can always count on good info here. Quick too.