PDA

View Full Version : On my way

straight-shooter
08-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Well finally after 2 months of scouring this forum for information I'm almost ready to cast the first ingot and bullet. :drinks:

I now currently have on order:

Lee 4-20 furnace
Lee alox
Lee 2-Cavity Bullet Mold TL358-158-SWC
Lee 2-Cavity Bullet Mold .457 Diameter Round Ball
Lee dipper
Rowell #2 cast dipper

I now currently have these item here at the house:

eye protection
welding gloves
breathing mask
Johnson's paste wax
1000 watt hot plate
3 cast iron muffin pans - free from a friend
cast iron pot for casting - free from a friend
turkey fryer - free from a friend
30 pound full propane tank- free from father-in-law

The only thing missing now is LEAD ! Hopefully this will be rectified by next weekend as a buddy at the campground is suppose to set me up with a few hundred pounds of wheel weights and 50 pounds of plumbers lead pipe.

Thanks to everyone for the great information so far as I'm sure i'm not near done poking around for more great info. :coffee:

Soon I'll be able to say ----- :castmine:

jawjaboy
08-24-2008, 06:18 PM
:drinks:

WildmanJack
08-24-2008, 07:42 PM
Straight Shooter,
If you have the time, go back to where you bought the welding gloves and buy yourself a leather apron, One that goes from your chest to your knees. That way, you'll have your eyes, lungs, hands and jewels protected!! I won't cast without one. Don't ask me how I know !!!!!!!!!!!
Jack

straight-shooter
08-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Straight Shooter,
If you have the time, go back to where you bought the welding gloves and buy yourself a leather apron, One that goes from your chest to your knees. That way, you'll have your eyes, lungs, hands and jewels protected!! I won't cast without one. Don't ask me how I know !!!!!!!!!!!
Jack

I noticed you didn't forget to include the comment about "jewels". I hope that's not where your speaking from experience. :neutral:

Great idea WildmanJack... I'll look into one for sure.

WildmanJack
08-24-2008, 07:47 PM
Oh yes, blisters there are about the most painful thing you can have...... But let's not bring back bad memories!!!!
:drinks: